Use this professional created HVAC Mechanical Engineer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Heating, vacuum and air conditioning, or HVAC, are important for industry, commercial and residential buildings. HVAC mechanical engineers may be involved with the design phase or use their time maintaining, upgrading and installing these systems.
An HVAC engineer may be involved in creating bids for materials and man-hours, which means some computer experience is required. This engineering job title may apply to entry-level or manager positions, so an HVAC mechanical engineer job description should specify which.
Some important skills for this engineering position include written and oral communication, attention to detail, and experience with multiple standard industry procedures. The ability to work as part of a team and independently are also key.
HVAC Mechanical Engineer Job Description Template
If you are ready to bring your talent and mechanical engineering skills to meet exciting and new challenges, we look forward to having you join our team of world-class professionals. We consult, design, test, and innovate HVAC solutions for clients of every size, and we have an opening for an experienced mechanical engineer to lead projects and provide design expertise. This position will allow you to work with cutting-edge computer modeling tools and travel occasionally to interface with clients and attend industry events. You will also have the chance to further your career through our comprehensive professional development program. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a work environment that is both fun and professional.
- Research, design, fabricate, and install HVAC mechanical equipment to meet client’s requirements in both large and small projects.
- Consult on HVAC system and equipment design for a wide range of projects, and work with other engineers, project managers, and construction professionals as needed to create and/or modify design parameters.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of production including Clean Room design, computer modeling, selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, testing, and implementation of products and systems.
- Analyze HVAC systems and equipment when necessary to find inefficiencies or malfunctions and create solutions to optimize performance and increase the efficiency of operation.
- Design testing procedures and control equipment to accurately assess products and identify areas that require modification and further testing.
- Communicate directly with customers to understand project requirements, goals, design specifications, and operational environments in order to evaluate cost, feasibility, and implementation of new HVAC equipment.
- Create and submit detailed bids that outline costs and timelines for construction or extraction projects in accordance with deadlines.
- Serve as project leader to coordinate efforts of managers, engineers, drafters, and manufacturing personnel during all project phases.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree plus experience in the HVAC engineering industry
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Punctual and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional Engineer license
- Experience with 3D Modeling programs such as AutoCAD