Use this professional created Architectural Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Architectural managers are responsible for planning, directing and coordinating projects. They conduct research to determine what materials and equipment will be needed and propose budgets that reflect the scope of each project. They also hire employees to complete various tasks, providing set schedules and training for both staff members and managers.
Architectural managers must develop concepts that require an in-depth knowledge of operations, production and design. Potential candidates should be able to multitask and communicate with staff members to ensure accuracy, quality and teamwork.
Furthermore, your architectural manager job description should list critical educational requirements and skills. A bachelor’s degree in architecture is ideal, but some candidates also choose to pursue a degree in business administration in order to gain a better understanding of accounting, production and general management. In addition, strong math skills will be necessary to complete complex calculations and measurements.
Architectural Manager Job Description Template
Are you a skilled architect with the ability to see big-picture concepts and a talent for developing innovative concepts and design elements? If so, we would love to have you head up our team of architects and engineers on projects that will lead the company into a bright future. You will have the chance to oversee each project from the proposal phase through completion and interface directly with in-house personnel as well as potential clients. We strongly support each employee’s professional development and offer several opportunities, such as tuition reimbursement, seminars, conferences, and a well-developed track to senior management and executive positions. Join us for the chance to take your career to the next level with challenging projects and competitive pay and benefits.
- Coordinate and oversee all technical activities relating to architectural and engineering projects, including directing the design team, reviewing drafts and computer models, and approving design changes.
- Communicate directly with managers, production staff, marketing personnel, and clients to discuss and organize projects from original conceptual design through construction.
- Present design proposals and bids to clients according to prescribed deadlines, and explain relevant details, reports, expense line items, and goals in clear and persuasive language.
- Provide consultations and spearhead negotiations with potential clients during the project development and bidding phases.
- Assess potential projects for feasibility by researching and analyzing associated technology, design requirements, governmental regulations, and market demand.
- Oversee recruitment efforts to staff project teams with architectural and engineering personnel as needed and provide top-level management for all design and engineering teams.
- Remain up-to-date with current and trending elements of design, construction, and technology by reading industry publications, manuals, and textbooks and attending professional development courses and events as time permits.
- Innovate and develop new standards, policies, and procedures for architectural design and engineering work as necessary to minimize costs and maximize efficiency.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in architectural engineering or related discipline, plus minimum five years experience, including AutoCAD drafting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques
- Ability to effectively lead and inspire a team
- Strict adherence to deadlines
- Professional Engineer licensure
- LEED certification and understanding of sustainable design