Use this professional created Personal Trainer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Personal trainers create individualized fitness routines for clients. They clean gym equipment, enforce the safety rules of the gym and provide personal evaluations for every client. Personal trainers should also be a resource for clients to go to in order to get advice regarding lifestyle changes that need to be made outside of the gym.
Personal training certification is a necessity. It is also good if applicants can show they are certified in first aid and CPR.
Customer service skills are essential and should be stated as such on your personal trainer job description. Sales experience is also good because trainers may need to sell clients on certain products or memberships.
Personal Trainer Job Description Template
Make a difference and guide clients on their journey to reach their personal fitness goals when you join our team as a personal trainer. You will be part of a team that prides itself on creating a comfortable and safe space for people to make the differences they want in their life, such as losing weight or getting stronger. Utilize your profound knowledge of exercise science and nutrition to counsel clients on a one-on-one basis and create an individualized fitness plan that is suited to each person’s physical abilities. Show off your strong customer service skills as you engage with clients and answer their questions about the gym equipment, products and services we offer, general health questions and more.
- Provide personal evaluations to clients on their fitness level by reviewing their abilities, physical condition and overall health to ensure that all fitness plans are suitable.
- Create personalized fitness routines that assist clients in reaching their fitness goals while remaining suitable to their current physical abilities.
- Teach clients on the proper techniques for all exercises, especially when using more complicated equipment, to minimize the risk of injury.
- Monitor clients on their status and make changes to their individual fitness plans based on any physical changes and increased or decreased fitness levels.
- Enforce all gym policies and safety rules to reduce the chance of any accidents and to maintain a safe and comfortable environment in which clients can exercise.
- Inform clients on other healthy lifestyle changes to complement their fitness goals, such as a healthier diet or not smoking.
- Perform emergency first aid when needed, including treating minor injuries with bandages or wrapping and administering ice.
- Clean and maintain all fitness equipment so that it is ready for clients to use at any time.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Current accredited personal training certification
- 3-5 years of experience as a personal trainer
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Current certificate in CPR/AED and First Aid
- BS in Kinesiology, Exercise Science or associated field
- Experience in sales