Use this professional created Telecommunications Operator job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Telecommunications operators manage incoming calls and transfer them as necessary. They also answer questions, take messages and pass along communication to appropriate individuals. As part of their duties, they also typically organize the telephone directory and may perform some additional administrative tasks.
Your telecommunications operator job description should include important skills necessary for this position. This includes strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task. Additionally, organizational tasks are important for this job.
In addition to these skills, you may also include any expected education or training on your job description. Generally, telecommunications operators only need a high school diploma or equivalent and receive on-the-job training.
Telecommunications Operator Job Description Template
Looking for an interesting and challenging job opportunity with plenty of room to grow? As an ambitious, responsible and detail-oriented telecommunications operator, you will bring a valuable skillset to our team. Our number one emphasis is on providing our employees with an environment in which they can excel and exercise their skills to provide customers with a superior contact experience. Everything great begins with excellent communication, and as the first point of contact between our company and our customers, we trust you to become the friendly and helpful face of our company. Set yourself up for a promising career and opportunities to advance by scheduling your interview today!
- Answer incoming calls promptly and greet callers in a friendly, professional manner. Transfer calls to appropriate parties as needed, or take messages and answer questions when possible.
- Page or otherwise notify individuals of incoming calls so they have time to prepare to speak with clients. Use interoffice equipment to enhance communication and notifications.
- Utilize office communication systems to perform your telecommunications duties, including intercom, public address, telephone, two-way radio or switchboard.
- Relay messages given to you verbally or in written form, including telephone messages and face-to-face communications.
- Arrange conference calls and regular telephone calls between fellow co-workers, clients and management as requested.
- Perform daily administrative tasks, including scheduling meeting rooms and appointments between clients and staff, accepting orders, receiving faxes, and sending communications.
- Update telephone directories, create schedules, create and proofread documents, and perform other data entry tasks as dictated by management.
- Process packages and other incoming mail, and deliver outgoing mail and packages to the post office or other shipping facilities as directed.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to speak fluently and clearly
- Strong multitasking skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to type at least 30 words per minute
- One or more years of experience as a telecommunications operator