Use this professional created Senior Project Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A senior project manager takes responsibility for the planning and coordinating of large or otherwise complex construction ventures. He or she will spend time building a project team and visiting construction sites to check on progress and solve problems.
You can use your senior project manager job description to draw in someone capable of establishing design requirements, writing bid proposals or standardizing processes company-wide. Although many aspects of the job are technical, the most sought-after applicants regularly show themselves to be excellent listeners, highly organized and easy to approach.
A background in business or engineering tends to serve a senior project manager well, as does experience in government or consulting. Candidates must have a solid history of meeting client expectations in past engagements. Anyone who accepts an offer should be willing to spend a portion of his or her time mentoring junior staff members.
Senior Project Manager Job Description Template
As a senior project manager, you will be responsible for overseeing a number of mid-level employees within the company. You will work closely with heads of other departments to achieve productivity goals, increase revenue, and contribute to the company’s overall success. As a key player in the management department, you will ensure that all assigned tasks are completed on a regular basis and that all company rules and regulations are enforced. This is a marvelous opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual who isn’t afraid to interact with others and actively work towards goals. If you are confident, intelligent, and professional, our company would love to hear from you and learn about your contributions to other organizations.
- Collaborate with executive-level managers, and provide relevant feedback regarding the performance of individual employees and the department.
- Meet with financial and accounting heads to establish periodic revenue goals and implement strategies on a regular basis.
- Review files from Human Resources and choose candidates that can actively contribute to company projects.
- Discusses quality of assignments with employees, and highlight areas that need improvement in the future.
- Ensure that employees have a supportive and dynamic workspace and the resources they need to provide excellent service to clients and outside vendors.
- Resolve client and vendor complaints in a timely and respectful fashion, and ensure that the company maintains a positive image and provides unrivaled services.
- Compile quarterly reports using a variety of statistics, written data, and employee evaluations, and present the findings to Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer in person.
- Attend corporate marketing events and actively promote company brand to outsiders.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, enthusiastic corporate environment
- Should possess at least five to seven years of management or supervisory experience
- Capable of adhering to tight deadlines on a daily basis
- BS/BA in Management or Human Resources
- Willing to recruit and interview prospective employees
- Client service experience
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Construction Job Descriptions