Use this professional created Construction Project Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Construction project managers coordinate and plan projects from beginning to end. They have numerous duties, including preparing budgets and cost estimates, creating schedules, responding to issues and delays, collaborating with engineers and architects, communicating with clients about progress and ensuring safety regulations and codes are met.
Your construction project manager job description should include key skills needed for the job, including analytical, leadership, time management, technical and communication abilities. The description should also reference the necessary educational background, as it is common for project managers to have four-year degrees.
Your job description should additionally indicate the personality traits that are essential for the position. These professionals should be firm leaders who are highly organized and action-oriented. Construction project managers should have a solid understanding of the industry, as well as motivational, decision-making and business skills.
Construction Project Manager Job Description Template
Are you looking for a fast-paced job that will allow you to utilize your superior organizational and customer service skills in a rewarding environment? If you enjoy being in charge of projects and have exceptional motivational and conflict-resolution skills, we would love to have you become a respected member of our team! You will work with customers, management, and members of a team and have the opportunity to showcase your ability to multitask in every environment. As a construction project manager, you can utilize your confidence in mathematics and analytical capabilities to assist our company in exceeding quarterly and annual goals. When you work for us, you will be involved in actively meeting the challenges that come with being a key player in the success of cultivating business relationships.
- Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
- Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
- Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, bid on projects, and obtain permits to analyze and mitigate risks.
- Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the client’s needs and wants are efficiently met.
- Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
- Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed the customer’s requirements.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in building science, construction management, or civil engineering
- Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills
- Superior management and delegation capabilities
- High level of financial responsibilities
- Leadership, project, and time management skills
- Previous internship on a construction job