Use this professional created Construction Laborer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Construction laborers have many duties on job sites that help work run smoother, including cleaning and preparing sites to ensure debris is properly removed, building scaffolding and other temporary structures, operating and maintaining equipment and digging trenches. They may also assist workers from other trades with their work.
Your construction laborer job description should include the need for outstanding physical abilities, as these workers commonly lift heavy materials and trash. Mechanical skills are also important because laborers can utilize equipment such as boom machines and jackhammers.
Because laborers are typically present for the duration of a job, they can assist in the various tasks taking place. If your laborers are going to be assisting carpenters or electricians, they should have the proper mathematical skills.
Construction Laborer Job Description Template
We need an experienced and responsible construction laborer like you to join our honest and reputable construction company that is renowned for treating employees with respect and fairness. We want to offer you competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement. Collaborate with some of the hardest-working professionals in the industry and take advantage of leading tools and equipment provided by our company for your use. Take pride in working alongside other respected construction laborers to provide top-quality construction services in both commercial and residential settings. Join our team and learn how fulfilling it is to be rewarded appropriately for your efforts while you develop your skills and learn the newest construction techniques in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, including drills, forklifts, skid loaders and other tools as directed by management.
- Clean and prepare construction sites as needed, including erecting scaffolding, removing and properly disposing of debris and waste materials, and digging trenches.
- Shovel materials to and from construction areas, including asphalt and dirt.
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis.
- Load and unload construction supplies from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
- Report incidents immediately to safety director, foreman or HR in accordance with incident reporting procedures established by the company.
- Travel out of town to work on remote job sites as directed by management.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license
- One or more years of experience in construction
- Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends
- Ability to lift heavy equipment
- Excellent stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent