If you are searching for a licensed practical nurse position, you should focus on creating a strong curriculum vitae. This document helps your job search by providing employers with all the information they need to make their decision. A successful CV will outline your skills and abilities, as well as your qualifications and work history. The following is a licensed practical nurse CV example, along with writing tips and suggestions. By following this example, you can write a CV that will catch the attention of employers and help you get hired.
Tips for Writing Your Licensed Practical Nurse CV
Licensed Practical Nurse Overview
This licensed practical nurse CV example demonstrates one of the most important aspects of any CV, which is general knowledge of the position. If the reader is confident that you will be able to begin working immediately with minimal training, you will be a much more appealing candidate for the position. Practical nurses treat patients in both emergency and routine situations. They are supervised by both registered nurses and physicians. They are also responsible for basic health care tasks, such as taking blood pressure or inserting catheters. Finally, licensed practical nurses interact with patients to ensure their comfort by explaining medical procedures and helping them bathe or dress themselves.
Skills and Knowledge to Include in Your Licensed Practical Nurse CV
It is also vital that your CV explains the skills and abilities that you have developed over your career. The licensed practical nurse CV example shows that this is most effective when done throughout the entire CV. While there is a skills section that should list this information out, you can also make mention of your skills in the summary section and experience section. Licensed practical nurses need to first and foremost have complete health care knowledge. Because practical nurses spend a lot of time interacting with patients and helping comfort them, your communication skills and bedside manner are also very important. After those essential skills, list any relevant general qualities, such as critical thinking, decision making, social perceptiveness, or monitoring.
Tips for Writing an Excellent CV
While this licensed practical nurse CV example will make it easier to get started on your own CV, the following writing tips will help you polish your CV as much as possible:
- Start with a brief summary. It is meant to only catch the attention of readers, so it should not be more than four to six lines.
- Include as much information in your experience section as possible. This is the heart of the CV and the section employers are most interested in.
- List your previous work experience in reverse chronological order, beginning with your most recent and going backwards.
- Begin every bullet point in the experience section with a strong action verb. This ensures that you are portrayed as an active and efficient worker.
Licensed Practical Nurse CV
Licensed Practical Nurse Cover Letter
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Cover Letter
- Advanced Practice Nurse Cover Letter
- Auxiliary Nurse Cover Letter
- Cardiac Nurse Cover Letter
- Caregiver Cover Letter
- Charge Nurse Cover Letter
- Community Nurse Cover Letter
- Company Nurse Cover Letter
- Dialysis Nurse Cover Letter
- Director Of Nursing Cover Letter
- Emergency Nurse Cover Letter
- Endoscopy Nurse Cover Letter
- Family Nurse Practitioner Cover Letter
- Hospice Nurse Cover Letter
- Intensive Care Nurse Cover Letter
- Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse Cover Letter
- Labor And Delivery Nurse Cover Letter
- Maternity Nurse Cover Letter
- Medical Surgical Nurse Cover Letter
- Mental Health Nurse Cover Letter
- Neonatal Nurse Cover Letter
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Nurse Cover Letter
- Nurse Cover Letter
- Anesthetist Cover Letter
- Case Manager Cover Letter
- Educator Cover Letter
- Manager Cover Letter
- Aide Assistant Cover Letter
- Instructor Cover Letter
- Supervisor Cover Letter
- Occupational Health Nurse Cover Letter
- Oncology Nurse Cover Letter
- Operating Room Registered Nurse Cover Letter
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse Cover Letter
- Pediatric Nurse Cover Letter
- Perioperative Nurse Cover Letter
- Practical Nurse Cover Letter
- Psychiatric Nurse Cover Letter
- Public Health Nurse Cover Letter
- Registered Nurse Cover Letter
- School Nurse Cover Letter
- Theatre Nurse Cover Letter