Applying for jobs is no easy feat, but a well-composed curriculum vitae can make you a more attractive candidate. This electrical engineer CV example can be used to help you highlight your experience and accomplishments in the best way possible. This can make you a more attractive job candidate and increase your chances of getting a great job in your field of choice. Use the CV example and tips below to start preparing for your next job application.
City, State Zip Code
I am a skilled electrical engineer with a degree in the field and a decade of experience in the area of electrical engineering. I am trained in the design of electrical systems, and have concentrated knowledge of the implementation process as well. I have experience leading teams and working collaboratively with others in fast-paced environments. My analytic abilities, strong interpersonal skills and reliable nature make me an asset to many teams.
- Supervised team of five other electrical engineering employees.
- Ran electrical engineering intern program.
- Oversaw all areas of electrical component and system design and managed design process from start to finish.
- Analyzed and redid company’s project management approach, achieving a 50% time savings and a 50% increase in productivity.
- Managed electrical design process from start to finish.
- Increased productivity and reduced waste across the electrical design process.
- Worked in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Promoted from my previous position as an assistant.
- Prepared excellent technical drawings.
- Assisted in electrical design process as required by supervisors.
- Maintained organized archive of drawings and other electrical design documents.
- Honed project management skills.
- Strong aptitude and experience working with engineering design software to achieve designs that match up to specifications and fit the job at hand gained through positions ranging from assistant to lead engineer.
- Experience leading mid-sized teams in my current job and adhering to strict production schedule without sacrificing on accuracy and electrical engineering best practices.
- Project management experience and ability to see projects through from concept to design and implementation, gained from current position as lead electrical engineer.
- Advanced interpersonal and collaborative skills learned and tested in all positions, especially as a mid-level electrical engineer.
Am active in several music groups and I play the piano, guitar and banjo. Perform at local venues, festivals and events and write original music. Very interested in physical fitness and healthy eating and am currently training for a triathlon.
Tips for Writing Your Electrical Engineer CV
Electrical Engineer Overview
Electrical engineering is a very lucrative field with a lot of great benefits. Here is more information about the job and field referenced in the included electrical engineer CV example. Electrical engineers will generally deal with the design of electrical systems of some kind. They can work for a variety of industries and create systems and components for commercial, scientific or other purposes. Electrical engineers may work in all areas and stages of electrical design, from preparing initial drawings to seeing projects through to the end. Electrical engineers will need to be skilled at science and technology and have the ability to work on teams and communicate and collaborate with co-workers and others to achieve goals.
Skills and Knowledge to Include in Your Electrical Engineer CV
Electrical engineers can have a variety of responsibilities and they may have specific specialties as well. It’s important to include both of these in your CV and highlight specific accomplishments wherever possible. Remember to also include details about your technical aptitude and experience with specific technology. Also, as the electrical engineer CV example shows, don’t forget to highlight your education in the field of electrical engineering, as most jobs in this area will require at least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, in addition to some work experience. Include a summary of your entire professional experience in your Professional Summary section to attract employers right away and make them interested in learning more about you.
Tips for Writing an Excellent CV
Use the following tips and helpful hints when you begin to create and refine your own version of the electrical engineer CV example:
- Whenever possible, put your skills in context by referring back to the position or area that you gained the skill in. This helps add credibility to the skills you say you have.
- Try to avoid putting anything in your CV that could be seen as political. Your curriculum vitae is a professional document and should not contain anything controversial.
- If you were involved in any special clubs and activities in college or if you undertook any internships, these can be great to include.
- When including credentials such as PMP (project management professional) or RN (registered nurse) make sure they make sense when taking into consideration the job you are applying for.