Want to use this letter?
There are plenty of opportunities to land a position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a cover letter that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Ensuring that your resume is accompanied by an engaging and professional cover letter is one of the best ways you can enhance your chances of being called for an interview. Our nanny cover letter example can give you ideas, and by following our do’s and don’ts, you’ll be equipped to send in an application that makes a positive impression.
- Do emphasize the specific experiences you have that match the experiences called for in the job description. Hiring managers often scan quickly to see that candidates include them in order to filter out unqualified jobseekers.
- Don’t begin your introduction with a sentence that includes your name. There’s no reason to repeat things the hiring manager already knows before reading.
- Do feel free to break out of the traditional mold. Sometimes, like in our cover letter example, a simple bullet list can give your letter a unique touch and improved readability.
- Don’t use too many creative extras, however. Find the right balance between avoiding being too generic and making your letter so full of unusual quirks that it seems unprofessional or doesn’t follow a standard.
If you’re patient, enjoy working with children, and are responsible, you could be the ideal candidate to become a nanny. The cover letter examples below have been designed to show you what a successful nanny cover letter should look like. With these cover letter examples as a guide, you can start building your own professional nanny cover letter faster and more easily. Don’t wait any longer to get the career you want–click below to get started now.
Cover Letter Tips for Nanny
In order to find Jobs as a Nanny and the rest of the country, you have to know what sort of actions to take:
1. Be determined. You can’t just send out a cover letter and hope that someone calls you. You have to follow up with the companies. You should also follow up after interviews. Whether you’ve met with someone in the company or not, you should continue to follow up until you get a definitive answer.
2. Be positive. Your demeanor affects your success. If you’re negative on the cover letter, employers may not be interested in you. If you talk poorly about past employers in an interview, you seem less professional. If you feel desolate about your job search, you are less likely to find new opportunities.
3. Be active. Talk with people in your network to learn about job opportunities. Look online and in newspapers for job openings. Go to job fairs. Actively searching for a job will help you find more opportunities.
4. Be face-to-face. There are lot of opportunities to just email prospective employers. However, it can help your chances if you go talk to employers in person whenever possible.
5. Be professional. One of the most important things that you can do is to present yourself professionally in all facets. This means using your social media to promote yourself. It means creating an error-free cover letter. It also means dressing for the part.
Nanny Job Seeking Tips
Your cover letter is one of your best and most important tools for finding jobs as a Nanny. Follow these five do and don’t tips to create an outstanding cover letter:
1. Do use metrics throughout your cover letter in order to give more substantial details like how many employees you supervised and how many sales you averaged per week.
2. Don’t focus on your day-to-day activities in your experience section because this can make it feel like a job description.
3. Do order your information in a way that is most important to the employer, so put your more relevant experience first.
4. Don’t discuss irrelevant information such as family, religious or political views, hobbies or even past skills that you don’t want to use anymore.
5. Do design your cover letter to be reader-friendly by using bullet points and keeping most type flush left.