Pharmacist Resume Objective
Pharmacists dispense medications and advise patients or physicians on issues such as dosage, appropriate use, side effects and contraindications. When you are applying for a pharmacist position, it’s crucial to emphasize your ability to perform all of these duties in your objective statement. This statement can be one of the most revealing and persuasive parts of your resume, so you should always make sure that it is clear, confident and convincing.
What the Pharmacist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Pharmacists give patients medical advice based on their symptoms, and they provide patients with the information that they need to take medications safely. Pharmacists also may assess the quality of medicines, advise physicians on storing and prescribing medications, supervise the preparation of prescriptions and maintain legal compliance. To perform these duties, pharmacists need strong interpersonal skills and extensive knowledge of chemistry, medicine and pharmaceutical industry regulations. Your objective should focus on your knowledge, experience and customer service skills.
Sample Pharmacist Resume Objectives
Besides emphasizing your background, your objective should touch on your occupational goals or the traits that make you a strong fit for the job. It’s also advisable to make your interest in the position clear by directly using the name of the prospective employer in your statement. Here are a few examples to help you come up with your own objective:
1. Pharmacy graduate seeks to apply knowledge of medication to improve patient health as a pharmacist at ABC pharmacy.
2. Looking to apply five years of experience advising physicians and monitoring supplies as a pharmacist at ABC hospital.
3. Self-motivated professional with 12 years of experience pursuing a pharmacist position at ABC pharmacy that will utilize sales and leadership skills.
4. Seeking a pharmacist position at ABC pharmacy that requires strong customer service and counseling skills in a high-volume setting.
5. Looking to obtain employment as a pharmacist at ABC pharmacy and use 15 years of experience to improve efficiency and deliver exceptional care.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.