Government & Military Resume Objective
A military career offers a variety of options for dedicated and skilled professionals from all industries. A strong resume objective advertises your experiences, qualifications and skills so that the potential employer quickly identifies you as a candidate whose resume deserves a more thorough read. Excellent resume statements are concise, clear and focused on persuading the employer that you have the ideal profile to meet the responsibilities of the particular posting.
What The Government & Military Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The military includes a wide range of professionals, from technicians, computer specialists and infantry personnel to officers, lawyers, physicians, engineers and pilots. All military resume objectives should emphasize that you have the skills necessary for your chosen field but should also demonstrate that you have other needed characteristics such as, for example, discipline, loyalty, a strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills, athleticism or ability to thrive under pressure.
Sample Government & Military Resume Objectives
The military is always looking for talented individuals with the right qualifications for the job. Just as the military demands that its soldiers be efficient, effective and clear, it also will require the same of your objective. Here are several examples to help you craft your own statement.
1. A dedicated, highly skilled computer engineer with over five years experience in the technology industry seeking to strengthen military computer networks in order to promote national security.
2. Obtain a position as a military aviation technician utilizing several years of experience as a mechanic for a regional commercial airline to serve country.
3. Launching a career as a military driver, using over two years of professional experience as a long-haul driver and impeccable safety record to ensure the safe transport of soldiers and military goods.
4. A highly disciplined, dedicated professional looking for career growth and opportunity to serve country through administrative position within the military.
5. Desiring to protect nation through enrollment as infantry solider in the Military, bringing strong academic record, award-winning track and field experience and abundant discipline.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.