Government Contracting Officer Resume Objective
When applying for a job, it can be a good idea to list an objective at the top of your resume. A Government Contracting Officer is responsible for overseeing contract negotiations with outside companies for goods and services. An objective should reference qualifications for this type of governmental position such as a business background and knowledge of regulations and laws.
What the Government Contracting Officer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A resume objective is one short phrase that sums up your determination for this particular position. Duties involved in working as a Government Contracting Officer include conducting purchasing, evaluating bidding and proposals, writing product specifications, and reviewing requisitions. The officer should have knowledge of purchasing laws and methods, the types of products and services needed for a large government agency, and contract administration techniques. The officer should also have experience in supervisory roles. When writing your objective, list whatever skills or qualifications will make your resume stand out from others, and it is wise to highlight concrete experience above anything else.
Sample Government Contracting Officer Resume Objectives
1. Government Contracting Officer with 15+ years of experience seeking position with County of ABC to implement professional contracting strategies learned from previous employment with ABC county.
2. Obtain position with County of ABC as Government Contracting Officer to utilize strengths in product knowledge and needs assessment.
3. Looking for Government Contracting Officer position with County of ABC in order to advance career through a supervisory role in desired field.
4. Technology-savvy Government Contracting Officer seeking position with County of ABC to improve current database operations.
5. Secure position with County of ABC as Government Contracting Officer to utilize thorough knowledge of contracting laws and purchasing principles.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.