English Tutor Resume Objectives
English Tutors work with students to improve their reading, writing, and speaking skills in the English language. They may function in a supportive role for a classroom teacher, or they may offer adult education classes to individuals working to improve their reading, writing, and speaking skills. When writing a resume for this position, your objective statement should be well written and should convey that you have the necessary reading, writing, and speaking skills that this position requires.
What The English Tutor Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
English Tutors may work in classrooms or in private teaching sessions, and they work with students of all ages. English Tutors may help students proofread their class work, brainstorm ideas for assignments, write and organize essays, prepare speeches, or work on conversational English speaking skills. English Tutors must understand basic coursework when they work within a school, or how to create a lesson plan for adults when working in adult education or private instruction. Your objective statement should highlight your experience with teaching English as well as your excellent communication skills.
Sample English Tutor Operator Resume Objectives
When applying for an English Tutor position, remember to mention the name of the school or company to show that you have a sincere interest in joining their workforce. Here are a few sample objective statements that you can customize as you write your own resume:
1. Professional, experienced, and knowledgeable English Tutor seeks position with ABC school that can benefit from extensive English training and school teaching endorsement.
2. Individual with 10+ years in the education field seeks English Tutor position with ABC company that can benefit from adult education experience and community learning programs.
3. Former classroom educator with 5+ years of teaching experience seeks English Tutor position with ABC school that values hard work, knowledge, and dedication.
4. Dedicated individual with excellent communication skills and teaching experience seeks English Tutor position with ABC company.
5. English Tutor with teaching experience at all ages and levels seeks position with ABC school that can benefit from extensive subject knowledge, organization, and communication skills.
Skills To Put in an English Tutor Resume Objective
Your resume objective is one of the first sections of your document hiring managers scan. Therefore, you want to showcase your top skills in this section, along with your professional accomplishments and background. Your skills allow hiring managers to quickly gauge your potential as an employee.
You should include the skills listed in the job description that match your own. You can also turn to online job descriptions for English tutors to see which skills employers require. As you craft your resume objective and your skills section, be sure to provide a mixture of hard and soft skills to keep hiring managers’ interest.
Here are some examples of the hard and soft skills that an English tutor may include in a resume objective:
- Fluent in the English language
- Superior teaching abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior time management and scheduling skills
- Proficiency in online tutoring and digital learning platforms, such as Blackboard and TutorTrac
- Proficiency in electronic mail and office suite software, such as Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills
- General knowledge of the principles and methods of education and training
- Strong understanding of learning strategies
- Keen analytical and evaluation skills
- Experience providing private instruction to individuals or small student groups to improve academic performance
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.