Early Childhood Teacher Resume Objective
Early Childhood Teachers work to help progress speech, motor, and other developmental skills that will aid in a child’s physical, emotional, and mental development. When writing a resume for this position, make a lasting impression on the hiring manager by crafting a memorable and thought-out objective statement, since it is the first part of your resume that they will see.
What the Early Childhood Teacher Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Early Childhood Teachers identify the needs of their students at all stages of development and create programs and activities that help these students make the necessary developmental progress. Early Childhood Teachers can work in elementary schools, preschool programs, government agencies, special education and intervention programs, health care settings, or Head Start programs. Early Childhood Teachers must have excellent communication skills as they report to parents and caregivers on the success of therapy and they recommend activities that can be continued at home. Early Childhood Teachers must also be friendly and enjoy working with small children as they help them make developmental progress.
Sample Early Childhood Teacher Resume Objectives
As you write your resume for this position, make sure to mention the name of your potential employer in your objective statement. Below are some sample objective statements:
1. Professional, friendly, and engaging Early Childhood Teacher seeks employment with ABC school that will allow for career advancement, diverse client interactions, and opportunities for curriculum development.
2. Early Childhood Teacher with 10+ years experience in a healthcare setting seeks position with ABC school in order to utilize knowledge of early childhood education, hands-on preschool practice, and friendly personality.
3. Friendly, passionate, and dedicated individual seeks Early Childhood Teacher position with ABC school that can benefit from Bachelor in Early Childhood Education, a creative approach to learning, and excellent communication skills.
4. Individual with 5+ years of experience in Head Start program seeks Early Childhood Teacher position at ABC school in order to utilize strengths in communication, organization, and problem solving.
5. Dedicated, organized, and experienced individual seeks employment as Early Childhood Educator at ABC school that can benefit from professionalism, dedication, and extensive knowledge of therapeutic activities.
Skills To Put in an Early Childhood Teacher Resume Objective
Including a list of skills in your early childhood teacher resume is essential. Add your most relevant skills to the objective statement because it’s likely the first section an employer sees. You can incorporate more of your relevant traits and abilities under your skills heading and weave them throughout your work history section.
To decide which of your skills are most impressive, think about the strengths you chose to emphasize in your portfolio. These are what set you apart from other candidates. Next, review the job description and the employer’s philosophy of education. Then emphasize where your talents overlap with the employer’s focus and goals. Include hard skills, such as your experience with curriculum development and assessment, and soft skills, such as patience and dedication.
Here is a list of top skills for early childhood teachers:
- Experience performing ongoing assessment using age-appropriate tools
- Proven ability to work with dual language learners
- Competence setting up purposeful learning environments
- History of self-regulation and collaboration with co-teachers
- Extensive experience working with families
- Proficiency creating emergent curriculum
- Deep understanding of development across all learning domains
- Track record of fostering inclusive, anti-bias classroom communities
- Patient and committed to the best interests of early learners and their families
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.