Automotive Resume Objective
Automotive professionals are responsible for all stages of vehicle repair, ensuring that roadways are filled with safe and well-maintained cars, trucks and buses. A good objective is concise, confident and sufficiently engaging to convince the employer to read your whole resume. An effective objective will quickly highlight for the employer your relevant skills, experiences and goals.
What The Automotive Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An automotive professional is responsible for a wide variety of tasks, requiring strong technical knowledge and mechanical skill. Some of these skills include the ability to repair engines, brakes, electrical systems and steering systems. In addition to repair technicians, other jobs within the automotive industry include parts specialists and engine machinists, among others. Your objective statement should highlight your proficiency with automobile repair as well as your customer service ability and teamwork skills.
Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Objectives
When crafting your objective for an automotive position, it is necessary to showcase your knowledge, job experience and skills in an honest and clear manner that emphasizes your fit for the position. One great tip is to list the name of your desired company in order to illustrate your strong interest. Below are several examples of a solid objective statement:
- Seeking an Automotive position at ABC company that utilizes excellent vehicle repair skills with a wide range of automobiles as well as excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Technically skilled and hard-working team player with 5+ years of mechanical experience seeks an Automotive position with ABC company.
- Obtain an Automotive position at ABC company that draws upon results-driven, expert approach to automobile repair.
- Looking for an Automotive position with ABC company that will offer opportunity to contribute to repair team’s bottom line while providing an opportunity for professional growth.
- Automotive repair expert with 10+ years of leadership and repair experience looks to grow the automotive team at ABC company through the Automotive Manager position.
Skills To Put in an Automotive Resume Objective
A resume objective is arguably the most important part of a job application. It is the first thing a hiring manager will read, and you want to make sure you make the best first impression possible. You need to put your best foot forward so the employer feels compelled to read more and give you a genuine chance of getting the job.
There are many skills you need to acquire if you hope to enter the automotive industry. The exact skills you need will depend on which level you enter. Some jobs will require expertise in photo imaging software while others will not. However, the following skills are advantageous for any automotive career:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Knowledge of basic tools, including shears, power buffers, and air chisels
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds
- Willingness to update technical prowess on a regular basis
- Capable of working independently with limited supervision
- Understanding of how to use and wear personal protective equipment
- Able to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Fleet Management Systems
- Excellent vision with ability to see small details at close range
- Proven record of remaining safe at a work site
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.