Accounts Payable Specialist Resume Objective
An Accounts Payable Specialist supports the growth and operation of a business by managing invoices and maintaining important financial documentation. Emphasize your expertise in accounting and customer service skills in your objective statement to illustrate value to prospective employers. A good statement is clear and focused, and takes advantage of its place at the top of the page to catch the attention of the reader and highlight your strengths and skills.
What The Accounts Payable Specialist Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Successful Accounts Payable Specialists are detail-oriented and demonstrate exceptional time management and organizational skills. Because of their responsibility to manage invoices and ensure the timely return of account balances, specialists are also talented communicators, understand basic accounting principles and have mastered financial computations. Communication skills should include both fluent writing skills as well as the ability to effectively work in a team setting. Hiring managers like to see previous experience with ledger systems and procedures, as well as a working knowledge of accounts payable.
Sample Office Manager Resume Objectives
When writing your resume for a position as an Accounts Payable specialist, focusing on your relevant skills and experience emphasizes your qualifications for the role. It is important to include the company name in the objective statement to show a genuine desire to work for them. Here are a few examples:
1. Results-oriented, proactive individual with 5+ years experience in accounts payable and client relations seeks position as Accounts Payable Specialist with ABC company to bolster organizational growth.
2. Seeking Senior Accounts Payable Specialist position with ABC company that enables use of exceptional knowledge of accounting, Microsoft Excel and invoice management to improve client relations and support financial operations.
3. Organized, proactive individual with outstanding record of customer service, performance quality and cost-effective accounts solutions seeks Accounts Payable Specialist position with ABC company.
4. Looking for Executive Accounts Payable Specialist position within ABC company that utilizes extensive knowledge of accounting principles, client relations, account management and ledger procedures to meet challenging business demands.
5. Obtain entry-level Accounts Payable Specialist position that allows utilization of exceptional skills in financial computation, Microsoft Excel, customer service and communication.
Skills To Put in an Accounts Payable Specialist Resume Objective
When hiring a new accounts payable specialist, employers typically have a very well-defined set of criteria. If the recruiters tasked with filling those positions do not recognize that a candidate fits that criteria early on in his or her resume, they may not even continue reading it. Thus, you need to share your skill set near the top of your document.
Of course, there is a right and wrong way to do this. The wrong way would be simply creating a quick list of your technical knowledge and expertise. Conversely, the right way involves coming up with a strong mix of both industry-specific knowledge and soft skills listed in a way that shows the value you offer an organization.
If you are not sure how to do this, take a close look at the following example of a skill set created for an accounts payable specialist resume:
- Familiar with enterprise content management applications, such as Hyland OnBase
- Experience in using optical character recognition programs in AP processing
- CAPP certified through The Institute of Financial Operations
- Working knowledge of invoice generating and payment processing tools
- Well-versed in regulatory standards, including the FDCPA
- Proficient in the programs included in the MS Office Suite
- Excellent communicator with both employees and clients
- Strong leadership skills
- Well-organized and adept in efficient time management
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.