Whip your resume into shape! Even if you have the most loyal client base, you’ll still need an impressive resume to convince hiring managers and new clients that you can provide value to their team. Identify your areas of expertise in your summary statement. Be as specific as possible. Cardio instruction isn’t specific enough; however, Creator of Bonnie’s Butt Buster Cardio gives your reader more context. Share your client successes in your work history section. Avoid sharing weight loss stories, rather elaborate on clients who’ve met their fitness goals. For more instruction, see the fitness and personal trainer resume example.
Resume Tips for Fitness And Personal Trainer
Finding jobs as a fitness and personal trainer takes a mixture of using job-seeking tips and having a positive attitude. The following advice can help you score your next position in the current job market.
1. Networking is critical and needs to be done now, more than ever. Reach out to all your connections, including your friends, family, neighbors, and former colleagues and university classmates. Build your online presence on social media websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, where you can inform your social networks what type of position you are seeking.
2. Persistence is imperative. Research all available digital and traditional resources. Look for jobs at job fairs and online job search websites as well as conduct research at your local public library or through a job search support group.
3. Always follow up on every job lead you receive. Keep in contact with potential employers and continue until you receive a definitive no answer.
4. If you are unsure of your career goals, take assessment tests to help identify your skills and career interests. Once you’ve narrowed your options, conduct informational interviews to learn more about the job or the company you are interested in.
5. Stay positive and keep in touch with trusted people to talk about your feelings and concerns during your job search. Reduce stress by keeping up with your favorite activities. Be sure to eat healthy, exercise and sleep well.
Fitness And Personal Trainer Advice
When it comes to tracking jobs as a fitness and personal trainer, your resume is your personal brand. Use the following advice to make it attention-grabbing.
1. Always include your contact information at the top of your resume. You must include your city, state, one phone number, and one email address. You may omit your street address due to privacy and identity theft concerns.
2. Avoid using a resume template because it’s likely others will use the same software program and your resume will not stand out. Try to choose a resume design that is unique so that it won’t look like everyone else’s.
3. Write your resume with a sharp focus. Resumes are reviewed and screened within seconds, so it needs to grab a reader’s attention quickly. Incorporate keywords using likely search terms such as your skills, responsibilities, job titles, job-specific terms, school names, and company names,.
4. Write a branding statement that states the job or position that you are looking for. It informs your audience of what makes you interesting and distinctive, as well as how your accomplishments have improved the employers you worked for.
5. List your transferrable skills and show examples of how you used these skills in the positions you’ve held. Emphasize the skills you’d like to use to support the duties you wish to perform in your next position.
Fitness And Personal Trainer Job Seeking Tips
As a fitness and personal trainer, you’ll help people get and stay in shape, while encouraging fitness and good health. The resume examples below will help you in creating the fitness and personal trainer resume you’ll need to get hired. Use these pre-written resume examples as a beginning, and then adjust as needed to personalize your resume. It’s fast and easy, and just might help you land the job you want much sooner!
No Experience Fitness And Personal Trainer Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Fitness And Personal Trainer job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Fitness And Personal Trainer resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.