An outstanding resume is a crucial part of your job search. As an ultrasound technician, it’s smart to emphasize your analytical skills and your machinery operation expertise. Begin with an excellent summary statement that introduces these abilities to your readers. In your skill section, consider listing problem solving, social perceptiveness, and active listening in addition to other critical capabilities. Treat your work history section as a platform to expand these relevant talents. Describe accomplishments related to your analytical skills. Whenever possible, include the exact names of all machinery you have operated to provide context. For more help, study the ultrasound technician resume example.
Resume Tips for Ultrasound Technician
Finding jobs as a ultrasound technician means being persistent and smart. Put your education, know-how and tech savvy to good use, and read a few tips to help your job hunt.
1. Develop a portfolio that showcases your work. For example, if you are a teacher, include lesson plan examples and certifications you’ve earned. Post the portfolio online on sites such as LinkedIn and your professional website.
2. Attend sessions to help with skills such as job interviewing. These mock interviews help you prepare for answering tough questions like few other activities do.
3. Develop a job search plan. It need not be exhaustive, just enough to give you a blueprint and to help you feel proactive about finding jobs as a ultrasound technician. You could set daily goals, but weekly goals help with a cumulative effect. For instance, one week, you might choose to devote your resources to officially applying for two jobs every day, while the next week, you’d focus on reaching out to one new person every day to expand your network.
4. Socialize. Whether it’s in a bowling league, at a coffee shop or elsewhere, it’s important for you to keep up other parts of your life to manage stress. Socializing also brings the added benefit of adding to your number of possible job connections.
5. Enrich yourself. Read one book a week in your field, or sign up for a workshop or class.
Ultrasound Technician Advice
Your resume is what hooks hiring managers when you look for jobs as a ultrasound technician. To get managers to contact you, polish your resume and other application materials.
1. Write a section such as a Summary of Qualifications instead of an objective statement. Use the qualifications summary to supply an overview of your experience, credentials and successes. Only use the objective statement if you’re making a huge change that needs explanation up front.
2. Put the most important information up front. Fold your resume in half, and read over the top portion. Would it hook a hiring manager? If not, rearrange information until you have a blend that works.
3. Search for relevant keywords in the job description, and apply them to your resume if possible.
4. Tailor your resume to each job you apply for. One-size-fits-all resumes are risky and likely will not get you too far.
5. Double check the information in your resume and application to make sure they match. It’s easy to get a month here and there wrong, but it makes you look unprofessional.
Ultrasound Technician Job Seeking Tips
Build your ultrasound technician career with a great resume. The resume examples below highlight the vital role ultrasound technicians play in helping diagnose patients. Use these samples to help you draft your own resume.
Ultrasound Technician Resume Samples
Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Ultrasound Technician position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Ultrasound Technician resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
No Experience Ultrasound Technician Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Ultrasound Technician job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Ultrasound Technician resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.