Build an exceptional home health aide resume to get the interviews you deserve. Because the role emphasizes patient care, be sure to showcase your skills in that area. Note your talents in patient care in your summary statement. Provide more detail in your skills section; specifically, list an array of skills that assert your talent for superb patient care. Now it’s time to tackle your work history section. As you describe your previous positions, focus on achievements. Note the number of patients you cared for, excellent feedback you received, and problems solved because of your strong work ethic. Check out the home health aide resume example for more help.
Home Health Aide Advice
The home health aide resume examples below are designed to help you create a job-winning resume for this critical home healthcare position. A home health aide takes care of elderly or disabled patients in their homes, and assists with everyday tasks and household chores. Creating a resume for home health aide positions is easier using our resume examples. Just click on one of the templates below, and use the pre-written text as a guide. Then, customize as needed to build a job-winning resume quickly!
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Home Health Aide
Finding jobs as a home health aide means putting to use certain job seeking skills while maintaining the right mindset. The tips below can help you stay on track during your job hunt.
1. Make a plan. The process of finding new work can be made to feel less overwhelming by devising a list of goals to accomplish on a daily or weekly basis. For example, you might try to send out a certain number of resumes per week.
2. Stay positive. Keeping a positive mindset will help you keep things in perspective and remember that your unemployment is truly temporary. You might consider joining a support group to connect with others in the same situation.
3. Do some research. Conducting some preliminary research about a potential company could help you predict whether or not you would be a good fit there. Doing so will also be an impressive talking point during an interview.
4. Keep networking. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts that could offer insight into an industry of interest. Any advice on the job market will be valuable, and you never know where your next lead could come from.
5. Make use of social media. Using Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn can help you grow your network and will also help potential employers find your professional profile.
Home Health Aide Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to finding jobs as a home health aide, remember that your resume can make an excellent first impression of you. Keep your resume in top shape with the following tips:
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you are a doctor or academic who needs to use curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages. Keep your resume writing relevant and concise.
2. Do align the text flush left and use bullet points for listing items. These simple formatting tricks will improve the clarity and readability of your writing.
3. Don’t use generic language. Avoid overly used phrases such as team player and hard worker, as these will detract from the individuality of your writing.
4. Do use a Summary of Skills section to introduce your work history. Doing so offers the reader an at-a-glance profile of your professional skills.
5. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
Home Health Aide Resume Samples
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Home Health Aide job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Home Health Aide resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.