As the face of the hotel, you are the first person a guest will encounter on arrival. Accordingly, your front desk clerk resume should strongly focus on your interpersonal skills. Equally important is your ability to perform administrative tasks and how you deal with customer complaints. Weave these elements into the work experience and skills sections of your resume. Our front desk clerk resume example will guide you on how to detail the experience that you’ve gleaned at other hotels, registering and greeting guests, handling payments, and guest queries.
Front Desk Clerk Advice
A front desk clerk works in the reception area of a hotel or motel, and performs a range of duties to help ensure that guests have a satisfactory experience. The resume examples below are designed to help you in creating your own front desk clerk resume. Choose from multiple template options to find the right resume design for you, and use our sample text as a guide. Click on any of the resume examples to start your resume now.
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Front Desk Clerk
Finding jobs in Dothan means having the right mindset as well as certain skills that can help keep you on track. The following tips can help you meet your goals and find the job you’ve been looking for.
1. Set goals for yourself. The process of finding a new job can be overwhelming, and therefore, setting goals can help break down the process into manageable steps. These goals could be as simple as sending out a certain amount of resumes per week.
2. Join a support group. When you are temporarily out of work, it’s easy to feel like you are alone. Joining a support group can help relieve that worry, and can also put you in touch with individuals that can offer support and advice.
3. Keep up with your networking. Reaching out to various people you have met through personal and professional engagements could bring your to your next lead. Arrange meetings with individuals who could offer insight to the job market. Any information gained will be of value to you.
4. Research potential employers. It is wise to do some preliminary research on potential employers to find out if you would be compatible with a company’s work environment. Not to mention the fact that knowledge about a company’s history can impress your employer.
5. Maintain an online presence. Be sure to use social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, as they can help expand your network. This is also a great way to make your professional profile more accessible to employers.
Front Desk Clerk Job Seeking Tips
If you are looking for jobs as a front desk clerk, remember that your resume should be an excellent representation of your professional history. Keep your resume in top shape by following the advice listed below.
1. Do align the text flush left and always use bullets for listing items. Doing so can improve the readability and clarity of your writing.
2. Do create a Summary of Skills section before listing your previous work experience. This provides an at-a-glace showcase of your qualifications.
3. Do list your work history in the following suggested order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
4. Don’t exceed two pages in your resume writing. This rule does not apply if you are an academic or a doctor who may be using curricula vitae (CVs).
5. Do not use generic language. Avoid words and phrases that do not carry much meaning, such as great and hard-working.