As a grants administrative assistant, you’ll want to use your resume to show employers that you are a very organized person with good decision-making skills. Furthermore, displaying an in-depth knowledge of the grants process will naturally be to your advantage. See our grants administrative assistant resume example for ideas on how to summarize the document-keeping and processing skills that you have acquired through your previous roles. In your grants administrative assistant resume, you should also impress on your new employer that you are able to manage the software required to sort and track correspondence.
Resume Tips for Grants Administrative Assistant
Looking for jobs as a grants administrative assistant will require you to use many different resources. Work is a little harder to find than it used to be, but with persistence you will find what you are looking for.
1. Know what you want. You should have a detailed idea of what kind of work will suit you best, from work hours to duties. The more you know about what you are looking for, the easier a time you will have knowing where to look for it.
2. Make a resume that matches your search. If you have decided to switch careers, design your resume to emphasize transferrable skills.
3. Networking is key. Most jobs these days are posted online, and many cannot be found anywhere else. Take the time to become familiar with a few of the most popular sites and create an account.
4. Learn about the job market. When you have identified a few likely employers, do some background research on them, follow them on social media, or set up an informational interview.
5. Stick to your plan. If you intend to explore a certain number of leads a week, make sure that you do. If you lose your momentum, it will take even longer to find work.
Grants Administrative Assistant Advice
Your resume is the most important job tool that you have complete control over. Make sure it is relevant and well written before searching for jobs as a grants administrative assistant.
1. Have someone else look it over. Even if you think you have a great resume, you can get a lot of insight by having another person review it.
2. Include a summary. Since the economy slowed a few years ago, employers have been sifting through ever larger piles of resumes. If you want to stand out, put a few sentences at the top of your resume that summarize the whole document.
3. List education. Even if you don’t think it’s relevant to a job you are currently pursuing, any formal education or training says something about you that is positive and you don’t want to miss a chance to broadcast that.
4. Experience doesn’t have to be paid. Any relevant activity that you spend a measurable amount of time doing should be listed in your experience section. Sometimes this will even help you bridge resume gaps during times of unemployment.
5. Length is less important than content. Generally, 10 to 15 years of experience is all you need on a resume, but if you had experience that makes you stand out in some way, go ahead and include it even if your resume exceeds one page.
Grants Administrative Assistant Job Seeking Tips
Looking for a position as a grants administrative assistant? Grants administrative assistants are responsible for completing grant applications for educational institutions, research institutes, or government agencies. The resume examples below have been created especially for grants administrative assistant professionals. Using these resume examples, you’ll be able to craft a resume that puts you in better position to land the job you want, sooner.
No Experience Grants Administrative Assistant Resume
Want to use this resume?
Writing the Data Entry Resume Template
Even when applying for entry-level positions, your resume is an important tool in the job search process. The information you include and the way in which you present yourself is the only introduction a potential employer will have before deciding whether to grant you an interview. Your resume needs to be well-written and highlight only the most important relevant aspects of your experience, so follow this Data Entry resume template to get an idea of how to structure your own resume.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Grants Administrative Assistant job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Grants Administrative Assistant resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.