Teachers educate their students and support their employers in a wide range of capacities, from early education to high school to adult learning classrooms, from full to part time, and from contract based to at-will employee agreements. They can work for private or public institutions, and teach a spectrum of subjects. But despite these variations, one thing remains the same: before landing an interview, all teachers need to grab the attention of employers with a strong resume. Read your employer’s application instructions carefully, and then use this teacher resume example to shape your own document.
Teachers make a difference in the lives of young people every day. To become a teacher, you’ll need the right combination of experience, knowledge, and education. You’ll also need to show off your qualifactions with a strong professional resume. The resume examples we’ve assembled below can help you build a winning resume quickly and hassle free. Use the resume examples as a starting point and build your resume from there. Take the next step toward a better career with a great teacher resume today.
Resume Tips for Teacher
As you begin searching for jobs as a teacher, take some time to evaluate your goals and skills. Here are some general tips to help you find the right position.
1. Start with a plan. Whether you’re changing companies or careers, decide up front what specific type of role you’re looking for. If you’re more interested in a particular company, do some research to identify where you can most effectively transfer your skills.
2. Create a database. Keep a notepad or a smartphone with you at all times. It’s important to document your entire job search, including the date you sent in each resume, who you spoke with and any important details you discussed.
3. Network. Talk to everyone you know, including friends, family members and past coworkers. Then, branch out through professional associations and career fairs. Don’t be afraid to ask people about their own jobs as a teacher. A referral is an excellent way to get your foot in the door.
4. Practice interviewing. Whether you rehearse to yourself or in front of a friend, do some verbal practice with interview questions. This gets you in the zone and helps prevent you from stumbling on your words during the interview.
5. Follow up and be patient. If you haven’t heard back about an application after one week, it’s ok to politely follow up. Just remember that the process takes time. Be willing to wait, and show respect for each employer’s timeline.
Teacher Job Seeking Tips
Use good judgment when crafting your resume for jobs as a teacher, and don’t be afraid to customize it to each employer. Here are some tips.
1. Be straightforward. Employers appreciate applicants with a solid objective. If you use a qualifications summary, state your purpose in as few words as possible. Likewise, highlight your accomplishments but don’t embellish your work history. Simply put, never lie on a resume.
2. Start with a template. Choose an appropriate style for your occupation and construct your resume from there. Just be sure to keep it clean, and avoid going overboard with styles and fonts.
3. Use accomplished-focused language. This means leaving out phrases like work responsibilities or duties included. Use action verbs that explain how you carried out your assignments and exceeded expectations.
4. Don’t leave off dates. Hiring managers expect to see how long you were with your previous employers. Omitting this information usually raises a red flag.
5. List in reverse chronological order. Start with your most recent job or education. If you’ve been out of school for a year or more, it’s best to list your degree information below your professional work history.
Teacher Resume Samples
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Teacher job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Teacher resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Summary: Dedicated educator committed to creating a positive classroom atmosphere that is stimulating, encouraging and supportiv...
Experience: 20 yrs 8 mo
Summary: Self-motivated outside sales professional experienced in both technical and non- technical, fast-paced team environment...
Experience: 10 yrs 7 mo
Experience: 27 yrs 7 mo