Summer teachers take on courses during the summer break and often teach courses that are seasonal and are not available during the traditional academic semester. Depending on the hiring institution or university, these courses may be made available on short notice and may come with short-term contracts, so school administrators may have to accelerate the application and staffing process. To land a summer teaching position, you’ll need to move quickly and present an outstanding resume that can quickly move you to the top of the list. Use this summer teacher resume example to guide your layout and formatting decisions as you move forward.
Summer Teacher Advice
Teaching jobs are available year round–and qualified summer teachers are always needed. We’ve developed these resume examples specifically for teachers. Use them as a starting point in creating your own summer teacher resume, and update them as necessary. Choose from multiple template options to give your resume the look you want. Click on any of the resume examples below to get started, and move forward in your teaching career with a compelling resume!
Select a resume template and customize
Resume Tips for Summer Teacher
If you are looking for jobs as a summer teacher, you will want to put to use certain effective job seeking skills. The following tips will help keep you on track during this important process.
1. Stay positive. Above all else, keeping a positive mindset will allow you to keep things in perspective and remember that your unemployment is only temporary. You might consider joining a support group to connect with others in the same situation.
2. Set goals for yourself. One of the most effective way of maximizing your time and productivity is to set goals for yourself that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis. For instance, you might try to send out a certain number of resumes per week.
3. Keep an open mind. While you may have had your sights set on a particular field or industry, keeping your mind open to all options will allow more opportunities to come your way.
4. Reach out to your network. Don’t hesitate to connect with personal or professional contacts who may be able to offer insight into the job market. Any advice will be valuable, and you never know where your next job lead could come from.
5. Make a presence on social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to expand your network. These websites also help potential employers find your professional profile.
Summer Teacher Job Seeking Tips
When it comes to finding jobs as a summer teacher, your resume works as your calling card. Make sure your resume stands apart from the others by following the tips below.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you are a doctor or academic who may be using curricula vitae (CVs), there is no need to write more than two pages. Keep your resume writing relevant and concise.
2. Do align the text flush left and use bullets for listing items. These two simple formatting tricks will immediately improve the clarity and organization of your writing.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Expressions such as hard working and detail oriented are overly used and should be avoided as they detract from the originality of your voice.
4. Do introduce your work history section with a Summary of Skills section. This offers your reader an overview of your professional qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.
No Experience Summer Teacher Resume
Want to use this resume?
Trying to write a resume for a fast food server job when you have no experience is hard. That is why we created a fast food server no experience resume sample. Use our sample to see how skills and experience you gained in other positions can help you in these jobs.There are plenty of opportunities to land a Summer Teacher job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Summer Teacher resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.