As a maintenance technician, customers rely on you to service cars (and other vehicles). Your key phrase during the job search should be “trust,” and you’ll use your resume to generate that sense of trust. Keep your document neat and organized, and don’t miss an opportunity to show off your proven and tested skills. Share as much detailed experience as necessary. Your summary should grab your reader’s attention, and like this general maintenance technician resume example, you should divide the rest of your document into short, easily readable subsections.
General Maintenance Technician Advice
Searching for a job as a general maintenance technician? The resume examples below can help you take the next step toward getting hired. To succeed in this job, you’ll need automotive experience, specific knowledge and a great resume. Use the resume examples below as a guide in building your own job-winning resume. Just click on any of the templates below to get started today.
Resume Tips for General Maintenance Technician
It can be just as difficult finding jobs as a general maintenance technician as anywhere else in the nation. However, it’s always a good idea to get some solid expert advice before beginning your job search. Make it easier on yourself with these five expert tips.
1. When writing your resume, aim for absolute excellence. Follow resume-specific advice and make sure there are no proofreading errors that can make you look sloppy instead of professional.
2. Make every day a day to research new opportunities. Jobs are posted daily in different ways, but if you don’t do your research, you may just miss out on them. Set aside an hour or so each day to dedicate to this task.
3. Take advantage of professional journals, and never stop researching online and in-person.
4. Don’t be afraid to network because it may be the key to getting you hooked in with the right employer. Networking events, professional associations and even job fairs are good places to look.
5. Don’t let negative thinking creep into your thinking. This can affect your attitude when you do get an interview, so be prepared to be positive from the start.
General Maintenance Technician Job Seeking Tips
Unfortunately for many candidates, the only reason they don’t get jobs as a general maintenance technician is because of a poorly written, formatted or proofread resume. A potential employer may receive hundreds of resumes when a position opens up, and reading through mistakes is too time consuming for most of them. Make your resume the best it can be by following these five tips.
1. Take your time on the experience section, being sure to include the dates you worked, the city/state, employer’s name, and job title. Each job description should be followed by five to eight good points about your duties, projects and any metric data.
2. Break the boring factor by using active verbs. These should begin each of your sentences, and forget using noun phrases completely.
3. Focus on transferable skills, especially if you’re moving from one industry to another.
4. Ensure that your hobbies and interests don’t make it onto the paper. These are irrelevant and slow down a reader.
5. Include a professional email address and phone number, making sure to record a professional message if an employer calls. Ditch your college email address or anything that is silly. An email address with your name is the best way to go.
No Experience General Maintenance Technician Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a General Maintenance Technician job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a General Maintenance Technician resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Summary: Service Technician with proven skills to quickly and correctly complete jobs. Motivated to maintain customer satisfacti...
Experience: 6 yrs 3 mo
Summary: Dependable, hard-working general maintenance technician with over 18 years of experience in the automotive service. See...
Experience: 24 yrs 9 mo