The role of a purchasing agent is to acquire raw materials and equipment necessary for the operation of an organization or establishment. Purchases can include tools, supplies, machine components, or any other relevant goods or services. The agent is responsible for securing high-quality goods while working within budgetary restrictions, maintaining records of purchases, overseeing transportation of orders, and other duties relating to product acquisition. A well-crafted objective statement will illustrate your communication skills and detailed focus, qualities which most hiring managers desire for this role.
What The Purchasing Agent Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
This position typically requires an educational background in business and/or qualified professional experience, so be sure to detail either or both as applicable. Discuss general traits which pertain to the job such as analytical skills, developed ability to communicate both written and verbally, and comfort handling multiple tasks simultaneously. Time management skills are often considered valuable, as is an ability to work both independently and within teams. Highlight any existing knowledge which pertains to the particular industry you’re seeking to work in which may provide you with an advantage when it comes to acquiring relevant goods and services.
Sample Purchasing Agent Resume Objectives
Make an effort to summarize your most valued skills and experience in your objective statement but remember to display genuine interest in the employer as well. Use the company’s name to illustrate commitment and avoid appearance of boilerplate resume statements.
1. Seeking purchasing agent position with ABC Company that will allow for utilization of good organization and time management skills, refined standard of communication, and excellent attention to detail.
2. Detail-oriented purchasing agent seeks employment opportunity with ABC Company to apply two years of experience with major manufacturer of farm equipment and bachelor’s degree in business.
3. Motivated individual seeks purchasing agent position at ABC Company to utilize two years of grocery management experience which included large-volume ordering responsibilities and detailed record-keeping needs.
4. Former small business owner seeks purchasing agent position at ABC Company to apply acquired knowledge of buying, record keeping, and building effective working relationships with vendors.
5. Obtain purchasing agent position with ABC Company which will benefit from bachelor’s degree in business, keen focus on details, and excellent ability to manage time and costs.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.