Public Relations Resume Objective
Public relations workers play a key role in helping businesses communicate with others and handle problems. These individuals juggle multiple tasks throughout the day, and they often work with various organizations in the company. In order to find success, they usually need to possess knowledge of media, marketing, language, customer service, and management. If you are applying for a public relations role, it is important to create an appealing resume objective.
What The Public Relations Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
A public relations worker is constantly providing insight and solving problems in an organization. Companies also rely on these individuals when they are communicating to customers and creating a strategy for success. A resume for public relations should highlight the reasons you are a good fit for the role so that a company will want to hire you.
Sample Public Relations Resume Objectives
The best resume objectives for public relations individuals are well written without being too wordy. Your objective should clearly contribute why you are a good fit for the role and how your experience and background will enhance the organization. The objective should also include the name of the company you want to work with. This will help you appear more genuine and approachable. Here are a few examples of good objectives:
1. Looking for a position with ABC company in public relations to contribute superior language skills, problem solving abilities, task management skills, organizational talents, and to contribute to the success of the organization.
2. Smart and determined public relations individual searching for a job with ABC company to provide media knowledge, people skills, problem solving, and success to the organization.
3. Seeking a public relations position with ABC company to use 10+ years of experience, strong people skills, and business acumen.
4. Public relations individual with a passion for people and helping companies succeed looking for a job with ABC company.
5. Obtain a public relations role with ABC company to contribute expertise, management and language skills, media knowledge, and problem solving abilities.
Skills To Put in a Public Relations Resume Objective
With an estimated growth of 9% over the next eight years, you can expect strong competition for public relations jobs. In this highly competitive field, it’s more important than ever to list the right skills in your resume objective. Perhaps the hardest part of this process is determining exactly which skills to include.
The key is including a mix of both hard and soft skills relevant to public relations. Start by carefully reading the requirements in the job posting and evaluating your own strengths and weaknesses accordingly. Keep in mind that one in four skills listed in postings are soft skills because it’s harder to find applicants with these skills.
Here are some soft and hard skills suitable for a public relations resume objective:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of social media tools (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Experience with graphics software, spreadsheets, and MS Word
- Proficient in managing budgets and monitoring spending
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of and experience with public relations monitoring, reporting, and tracking tools (Cision/PR Newswire)
- Excellent knowledge of Google Drive applications (Docs, slides, spreadsheets)
- Expertise in working with print, online, and broadcast media
- Skilled at event design and execution
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.