General Maintenance Technician Resume Objective
General maintenance technicians are responsible for keeping a variety of machines, appliances, and mechanical systems operating safely and efficiently. A strong objective statement can help you show potential employers that you can meet the varied demands of this position. It’s important to use your objective statement to showcase your unique skills, talents, and goals since the strength of this statement can influence whether an employer takes time to read your entire resume.
What the General Maintenance Technician Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In addition to performing routine maintenance, general maintenance technicians usually must be prepared to inspect, troubleshoot and replace the machines and systems that they work on. In many positions, technicians also must interact with customers and provide professional, helpful service, along with honest advice and cost estimates. Your objective should emphasize your technical skills, along with your ability to communicate effectively, manage time well and prioritize tasks. Your general problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to new equipment or procedures should also be emphasized in your objective.
Sample General Maintenance Technician Resume Objectives
Including the name of the employer that you want to work with is an essential final step when you are drafting your objective. This eliminates any doubts about your sincere interest in working with that employer. These examples should give you a starting point for putting together your own objective:
1. Service-oriented professional with 12 years of experience seeks to apply knowledge of electrical systems as a general maintenance technician at ABC company.
2. Looking to build on experience in HVAC installation and repairs as a general maintenance technician at ABC company.
3. Seeking a general maintenance technician position that requires efficiency and superior service skills at ABC company.
4. Looking for employment with ABC company as a general maintenance technician with the ability to troubleshoot all home systems and appliances.
5. Driven professional with 5 years of independent experience seeks to improve efficiency and client satisfaction as a general maintenance technician at ABC company.
Skills To Put in a General Maintenance Technician Resume Objective
Resume professionals encourage applicants to include important skills in each section of their resumes. Focusing on top qualifications shows employers you will do well on the job. In addition to essential hard proficiencies, be sure to list the soft skills that help you put your technical abilities to optimal use in the workplace.
Take a careful look at the job listing to see if the employer wants or prefers specific skill sets in addition to the general proficiencies you need to work as a maintenance technician. Emphasize your work in similar settings; for example, a biotech employer will likely want to know about your experience in hospital maintenance. Here is a list of popular maintenance technician skills to help you start working on your own:
- Motivated, independent worker
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Familiar with EPA, OSHA, and other relevant safety regulations
- Proficient in appropriate handling of hazmat
- Creating and maintaining documentation on repairs and preventative maintenance procedures
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Maintaining and ordering maintenance equipment and supplies
- Abel to act quickly and effectively in emergencies
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Effective teamwork skills
- Proficient with a wide range of repair equipment, including power tools
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.