General maintenance technicians are responsible for keeping a variety of machines, appliances, and mechanical systems operating safely and efficiently. A strong objective statement can help you show potential employers that you can meet the varied demands of this position. It’s important to use your objective statement to showcase your unique skills, talents, and goals since the strength of this statement can influence whether an employer takes time to read your entire resume.
What the General Maintenance Technician Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
In addition to performing routine maintenance, general maintenance technicians usually must be prepared to inspect, troubleshoot and replace the machines and systems that they work on. In many positions, technicians also must interact with customers and provide professional, helpful service, along with honest advice and cost estimates. Your objective should emphasize your technical skills, along with your ability to communicate effectively, manage time well and prioritize tasks. Your general problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to new equipment or procedures should also be emphasized in your objective.
Sample General Maintenance Technician Resume Objectives
Including the name of the employer that you want to work with is an essential final step when you are drafting your objective. This eliminates any doubts about your sincere interest in working with that employer. These examples should give you a starting point for putting together your own objective:
1. Service-oriented professional with 12 years of experience seeks to apply knowledge of electrical systems as a general maintenance technician at ABC company.
2. Looking to build on experience in HVAC installation and repairs as a general maintenance technician at ABC company.
3. Seeking a general maintenance technician position that requires efficiency and superior service skills at ABC company.
4. Looking for employment with ABC company as a general maintenance technician with the ability to troubleshoot all home systems and appliances.
5. Driven professional with 5 years of independent experience seeks to improve efficiency and client satisfaction as a general maintenance technician at ABC company.
Skills To Put in a General Maintenance Technician Resume Objective
Resume professionals encourage applicants to include important skills in each section of their resumes. Focusing on top qualifications shows employers you will do well on the job. In addition to essential hard proficiencies, be sure to list the soft skills that help you put your technical abilities to optimal use in the workplace.
Take a careful look at the job listing to see if the employer wants or prefers specific skill sets in addition to the general proficiencies you need to work as a maintenance technician. Emphasize your work in similar settings; for example, a biotech employer will likely want to know about your experience in hospital maintenance. Here is a list of popular maintenance technician skills to help you start working on your own:
- Motivated, independent worker
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Familiar with EPA, OSHA, and other relevant safety regulations
- Proficient in appropriate handling of hazmat
- Creating and maintaining documentation on repairs and preventative maintenance procedures
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Maintaining and ordering maintenance equipment and supplies
- Abel to act quickly and effectively in emergencies
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Effective teamwork skills
- Proficient with a wide range of repair equipment, including power tools
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
General Maintenance Technician @ Field Fresh Farms LLC
Diligent and reliable General Maintenance Technician adept at handling complex machinery and equipment maintenance. Dedicated to keeping efficiency and effectiveness in both machines and people. Detai...
5 yrs 7 mo
General Maintenance Technician @ Wiggin Properties
Safety-oriented Maintenance Worker offering 5 years of troubleshooting and repair expertise. Dedicated and reliable with skills in problem solving, general plumbing and electrical work. Team-oriented ...
15 yrs 9 mo
General Maintenance Technician @ Tyson Foods
Highly-motivated employee with desire to take on new challenges. Strong worth ethic, adaptability and exceptional interpersonal skills. Adept at working effectively unsupervised and quickly mastering ...
5 yrs 4 mo
General Maintenance Technician @ American Car Care Center Shawano
Knowledgeable Maintenance Technician diagnoses system troubles and proposes solutions that save money and time. Number years of experience working on Type and Type systems. Trained in Area of expertis...
2 yrs 5 mo
General Maintenance Technician @ V.C.E. Metal Fabrication Plant
Reliable and dependable Maintenance Technician offering several years of experience in related roles and a willingness to learn. Hardworking and dedicated with an great work ethic and reliable skills....
10 yrs 11 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.