It is the primary responsibility of a Graphic Designer to create and design graphics for logos or packaging based on the needs of the company hiring your services. Your resume objective should indicate that you possess both artistic and collaborative qualities to adequately meet the needs of the business.
What The Graphic Designer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Prospective employers generally read the objective statement first before deciding whether or not to read the rest of the resume, so you should use this space to clarify your skills and talents. You should have the capability to confer with clients about layout design, prepare rough sketches of material, utilize computer software, develop websites, and research new design concepts. Creativity is crucial in this line of work, as well as communicating with other people outside of the organization. Knowledge of fine arts and media production can come in handy when you are trying to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Sample Graphic Designer Resume Objectives
In addition to relevant education and experience, your objective statement should also include the name of the company you are submitting your resume to. This indicates a clear interest in working with the organization. The following are some example objectives you can modify for your own resume:
1. Creative professional with 10+ years of experience in operating video cameras, designing layouts for promotional materials, and drawing illustrations seeking a Graphic Designer position at ABC company.
2. Seeking employment as a Graphic Designer to use skills with computers and the visual arts for the benefit of ABC company.
3. Searching for a position at ABC company as a Graphic Designer to utilize skills in critical thinking, communication, and electronic media.
4. Use experiences of coming up with original and creative promotional materials as a Graphic Designer for ABC company.
5. Obtain a Graphic Designer position with ABC company to apply knowledge of illustrations and other artwork for mutual growth and success.
Skills To Put in a Graphic Designer Resume Objective
Like the rest of your resume, your objective serves to inform employers about how hiring you would benefit them. Because you need to condense your information into about three sentences, your objective should contain only your most important and relevant skills. Choose skills from several areas of proficiency rather than focusing on just one. Be sure to include core soft skills as well.
Start by listing some of the top skills the job posting requires. Then you can identify other skills that fit with the employer’s preferences. You can also check other graphic designer resumes on sites such as LinkedIn to get an idea of qualifications to prioritize. Here are some suggestions for important graphic designer skills:
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and other software
- Excellent web design skills
- Creating multimedia presentations
- Experience working with print media
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategy
- Able to create effective and innovative designs to convey desired idea
- Experience working with clients to identify needs and present solutions
- Collaborating with marketing, sales, and product development departments
- Flexible problem-solver able to adapt to changing circumstances and needs
- Highly organized with ability to successfully run multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent teamwork to engage productively with other design professionals
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Freelance Graphic Designer @ Veronica Hanna Design
Experienced Graphic Designer successful at applying technical and design skills to create art that informs and engages customers. Highly artistic, always on-task and fluent in Adobe Creative Suite. Co...
13 yrs 3 mo
Graphic Designer @ Bricks R Us
Goal-driven Graphic Designer successful at applying technical skills to create art to inform and engage customers. Clear communicator and collaborative team player with eye for detail and skilled in d...
Brand Manager/Graphic Designer @ Atomic Pop Studios
Knowledgeable Graphic Designer proficient in logos, marketing materials and website design. Offers complete business services to corporate clients, leveraging technical knowledge, creative eye for det...
7 yrs 7 mo
Graphic Designer @ Independent Employer
Ambitious student and well-organized team player offering excellent communication and multitasking abilities. Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects and activities, self-directing and ...
0 yrs 11 mo
Graphic Designer /Assistant Operations Manager @ Jennylynn's Vinyl Store
Ambitious individual seeking Bank Teller position with room for career growth. Brings relevant skills for position, focus on teamwork and dedication to quality. Ready for professional challenges and ...
6 yrs 6 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.