There are plenty of opportunities to land a Dental Hygienist job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Dental Hygienist Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Dedicated and sympathetic Dental Hygienist with a strong record of safe and professional patient service. Adept at minimizing discomfort for pediatric dental patients and providing clear explanations for unpleasant procedures. Able to multitask effectively and accurately in coordination with dentists and other medical staff.
- Extensive patient assessment and relations experience
- High expertise in administering anesthetics
- Excellent periodontal scaling skills
- Superior grasp of dental surgery procedures
- Strong familiarity with dental trauma care, practices, and procedures
- Outstanding abilities in pediatric and general dentistry assistance
- Exceptional facility in operating dental x-ray machines
- Provide scheduling and filing assistance to office staff as required.
- Discuss self-care and nutritional features specific to individual patients’ dental profiles.
- Maintain and update patient dental charts.
- Furnish patients with oral hygiene literature and advice as needed.
- Conduct medical history evaluations and manage patient screening on a regular basis.
- Maintained and updated patient history, visit, and payment information in facility database on a regular basis.
- Provided assistance with periodontal scaling and administering anesthesia.
- Planned patient care strategies in coordination with dentists.
- Promoted good dental care through demonstration and literature.
- Maintained a warm and compassionate manner to maximize younger patients’ comfort.
- Performed routine teeth cleanings for patients on a regular basis.
Skills To Put in a Dental Hygienist Resume Objective
It generally takes a hiring manager about six seconds to decide, based on the resume, whether a person has all the necessary qualifications for a job. Since the first thing on the page will be the resume objective, this section is critical. Jobseekers need to make sure they fill it with the best details about themselves to have a greater chance of landing a job offer.
There are many skills a dental hygienist needs to possess. However, you need to have a complete understanding of what the employer expects out of a dental hygienist, so you can customize your application accordingly. Here is a list of skills that are always a welcomed sight on a dental resume:
- Certified in CPR and licensed to administer nitrous and anesthesia
- Active state hygiene license
- Accredited through the American Dental Association
- Ability to identify all parts of the oral cavity, including throat, mouth, and pharynx
- Expertise in using dental lasers, calculus explorers, and air-driven dental polishers
- Knowledge of dental billing software and dental office management software
- Excellent chairside demeanor to make patients relaxed and comfortable
- Ability to diagnose numerous medical conditions
- Active listening and speaking skills
- Superb finger dexterity and arm-hand steadiness
- Capable of maintaining a clean working environment
Supervisor Dental Hygienist @ Complete Mobile Dentistry
Management Intern with background overseeing work processes and addressing areas needing improvement. Identifies inefficiencies and resolves issues to improve team performance. Strong in coordinated, ...
17 yrs 1 mo
Registered Dental Hygienist @ Lake Pointe Dental
Patient-oriented Dental Hygienist offering 10+ years of experience in high-volume dental offices. Expertise in screening patients for cancer and oral diseases, performing prophylaxis and providing edu...
10 yrs 8 mo
Registered Dental Hygienist @ Kraft And Schrott Dental Associates
Passionate Dental Hygienist with over 30 years of experience in preventive dental care. Patient-focused and quick to build lasting relationships with patients and colleagues. Skilled in treatment p...
6 yrs 10 mo
Registered Dental Hygienist @ Flores Family Dental
Registered Dental Hygienist looking to leverage my 9 years of expertise in clinical and community health dental preventive care. Highly competent in dental prophylaxis, oral cancer screenings, public ...
9 yrs 4 mo
Registered Dental Hygienist @ Radiance Dental
Skilled Dental Hygienist with nine years of experience in fast-paced, high-volume dental offices. Expert at performing dental examinations, prophylaxis and anaesthesia. Focused on maintaining dental h...
6 yrs 9 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.