There are plenty of opportunities to land an Accounts Payable Clerk job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting an Accounts Payable Clerk Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Exceptionally skilled and meticulous Accounts Payable Clerk with an excellent record of strong accuracy and customer service. Adept at handling multiple projects well and completely under high-pressure deadlines. Exceptional proficiency with all corporate accounting systems and current related computer software programs.
- Extensive familiarity in SAP and MS Office applications, including Access, Word, and Excel
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
- High ability to work independently or as part of an accounting team
- Excellent dependability in maintaining strict customer confidentiality
- Sound customer service skills
- Superior proficiency in MAS90 and MAS200
- Perform regular check requests and check runs.
- Function as vendor point of contact for company on a regular basis.
- Oversee administration of proper procedures and controls.
- Receive and act upon audit requests promptly and accurately.
- Manage matching coding and other payables on a regular basis.
- Oversee administration of ACH payments, EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), and checks.
- Managed and updated vendor statements and ran checks.
- Received and responded to client queries and feedback.
- Performed invoice batching with A/P accounting software.
- Managed corporate tax documents, travel expense accounts, and credit card reports.
- Handled all duties under tight deadlines.
- Provided assistance with other accounting duties as required.
Skills To Put in an Accounts Payable Clerk Resume Objective
The purpose of your resume is much more than just listing your previous career experience. Rather, it is to show recruiters your qualifications to fill an open accounts payable clerk position right off the bat. Your skill section should closely match the job requirements found in a job listing. Yet more than that, it should also indicate how you are able to put those skills into action.
Rather than simply offering up a simple list of skills, you should share your professional attributes in a way that shows the value you can add to an organization. You do this by listing both your technical knowledge and expertise as well as the soft skills that help you thrive in the workplace.
The following example of a skills section for an accounts receivable clerk resume sample shows you how:
- Experienced in the use of enterprise management software, including Sage 500
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Solutions, such as Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Well-versed in the building and management of Access databases
- Familiar with organizational applications, such as QuickBooks
- Understanding of AP industry best practices and compliance guidelines
- Comfortable performing both manual and automated bookkeeping
- Outstanding typing and data entry skills
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent organizational and resource-management skills
Accounts Payable Clerk @ Tenneco Inc (Remote)
Results-driven professional focused on delivering exceptional support for customer needs. Successfully manages concerns and resolves conflicts to maximize customer satisfaction. Offers strong backgrou...
6 yrs 4 mo
Accounts Payable Clerk @ Winner Properties
Hardworking employee with customer service, multitasking and time management abilities. Devoted to giving every customer a positive and memorable experience....
8 yrs 2 mo
Accounts Payable Clerk @ Maybank Partners, LLC
Dedicated accounts payable professional with solid background managing invoices, tracking expenses and updating vendor files. Trained in posting and processing payments with QuickBooks. Strong attenti...
3 yrs 11 mo
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK / FINALIZER @ California Motors Direct
Detail-oriented professional with 11+ years of experience and a proven knowledge of customer service, data entry, and executive support. Aiming to leverage my skills to successfully fill the Customer ...
11 yrs 7 mo
Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk @ Bearing Supply Co.
Focused Billing Clerk with 5.5 years of experience. Skilled in building client and vendor rapport and managing accounts to reduce outstanding balances. Hardworking and energetic with passion for accur...
16 yrs 2 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.