There are plenty of opportunities to land a Clerical Secretary job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Clerical Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills To Put in a Clerical Resume Objective
Think of the resume objective as your elevator speech. Located near the top of your document, it allows hiring managers to evaluate your potential as an employee at a glance. It is critical you include your highest achievements and top skills in this section. You want hiring managers to see you have the necessary skills and qualities to succeed in the advertised position.
Review the job description for an idea of the specific skills and qualifications to include. Also, mine your professional background for your standout skills relevant to the position. Make sure you present a mixture of hard and soft skills. Hiring managers want to see that you work well with technologies and systems, as well as with colleagues and peers.
Here are some important skills for clerical professionals across a range of industries:
- Expertise in clerical as well as administrative procedures and systems, such as word processing
- Advanced knowledge and use of electronic mail software, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Notes
- Proven knowledge and use of document and records management software
- Skill in database user interface and query software, such as Microsoft Access or Propertyware
- Excellent communication with supervisors, colleagues, and peers
- Familiarity with the content and structure of the English language
- Keen active listening skills
- Excellent time and task management skills
Clerical Resume Objectives
Numerous people apply to do Clerical work, so your resume objective should make you stand out from the rest and highlight your skills and qualifications that make you well-equipped for the job. Those in Clerical positions will be in charge of a wide number of administrative tasks, so emphasize any experiences in that area in your objective statement.
What The Clerical Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Someone in a Clerical position should possess certain skills in order to excel in the job. These skills can include knowledge of word processing, computers, spreadsheets, and verbal communication. These skills will make the basic tasks associated with the position so much easier, and you can expect to be responsible for typing, scheduling appointments, bookkeeping, filing, sorting, keeping records, and photocopying. A number of different organizations have use for Clerical jobs, such as banks, government organizations, and a number of private businesses. No matter where you are applying to, make sure your resume objective is customized to show off the skills that you bring to the table.
Sample Clerical Resume Objectives
When you write your resume objective, you should include any relevant experiences and talents, but you should also include the name of the business. This shows a sincere interest in working with the company.
1. Organized and motivated individual with 10+ years of experience in bookkeeping, photocopying, and filing looking for a Clerical position with ABCcompany.
2. Seeking employment at ABC company for a Clerical position to use strengths involving word processing, developing spreadsheets, and communicating with supervisors and subordinates.
3. Looking for a Clerical position at ABC company that allows for the use of office management skills, including record keeping and scheduling appointments.
4. A highly dedicated individual with a background in inputting data onto spreadsheets and answering phones in search of a Clerical position with ABC company.
5. Obtain a Clerical position in order to implement experiences in filing and sorting for the overall benefit of ABC company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Organized and motivated employee eager to apply time management and organizational skills in various environments. Seeking entry-level opportunities to expand skills while facilitating company growth....
32 yrs 11 mo
Well-qualified administrative professional with remarkable typing skills, data entry expertise and goal-oriented mentality. Proficient in updating daily logs, investigating discrepancies and managing ...
6 yrs 6 mo
Dedicated Office Assistant with over 5 successful years of clerical experience in busy office environments achieving superior levels of administrative effectiveness. Excels in telephone support and gr...
9 yrs 5 mo