There are plenty of opportunities to land a Clerical Resume Objectives job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Clerical Resume Objectives resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Think of the resume objective as your elevator speech. Located near the top of your document, it allows hiring managers to evaluate your potential as an employee at a glance. It is critical you include your highest achievements and top skills in this section. You want hiring managers to see you have the necessary skills and qualities to succeed in the advertised position.
Review the job description for an idea of the specific skills and qualifications to include. Also, mine your professional background for your standout skills relevant to the position. Make sure you present a mixture of hard and soft skills. Hiring managers want to see that you work well with technologies and systems, as well as with colleagues and peers.
Here are some important skills for clerical professionals across a range of industries:
- Expertise in clerical as well as administrative procedures and systems, such as word processing
- Advanced knowledge and use of electronic mail software, such as Company Name Outlook or Company Name Notes
- Proven knowledge and use of document and records management software
- Skill in database user interface and query software, such as Company Name Access or Propertyware
- Excellent communication with supervisors, colleagues, and peers
- Familiarity with the content and structure of the English language
- Keen active-listening skills
- Excellent time- and task-management skills
Clerical Resume Objectives
Numerous people apply to do Clerical work, so your resume objective should make you stand out from the rest and highlight your skills and qualificationsthat make you well-equipped for the job. Those in Clerical positions will be in charge of a wide number of administrative tasks, so emphasize anyexperiences in that area in your objective statement.
What The Clerical Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Someone in a Clerical position should possess certain skills in order to excel in the job. These skills can include knowledge of word processing,computers, spreadsheets and verbal communication. These skills will make the basis tasks associated with the position so much easier, and you can expect tobe responsible for typing, scheduling appointments, bookkeeping, filing, sorting, keeping records and photocopying. A number of different organizationshave use for Clerical jobs such as banks, government organizations and a number of private businesses. No matter where you are applying to, make sure yourresume objective is customized to show off the skills that you bring to the table.
Sample Clerical Resume Objectives
When you write your resume objective, you should include any relevant experiences and talents, but you should also include the name of the business. Thisshows a sincere interest in working with the company.
1. Organized and motivated individual with 10+ years of experience in bookkeeping, photocopying and filing looking for a Clerical position with ABCcompany.
2. Seeking employment at ABC company for a Clerical position to use strengths involving word processing, developing spreadsheets and communicating withsupervisors and subordinates.
3. Looking for a Clerical position at ABC company that allows for the use of office management skills, including record keeping and schedulingappointments.
4. A highly dedicated individual with a background in inputting data onto spreadsheets and answering phones in search of a Clerical position with ABCcompany.
5. Obtain a Clerical position in order to implement experiences in filing and sorting for the overall benefit of ABC company.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.