Want to use this resume?
There are plenty of opportunities to land an Accounting Clerk job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting an Accounting Clerk Resume Objective that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Skills To Put in an Accounting Clerk Resume Objective
Nearly every resume template you will find requires you to list your skills near the top. The reason for this is because, above all else, recruiters want to see if your skillset matches the job requirements included in an accounting clerk job listing. Yet you should not simply look to meet the baseline expectations in this section; you want to exceed them.
You do this by not merely listing your skills but stating them in a way that shows the value they add to an organization. By doing this, you paint a clear picture for readers of your ability to meet the objectives they have in filling the job. Remember to also include a good mix of hard and soft skills.
Included here is an example of a skills section you might see in an accounting clerk resume:
- Proficient in the use of all programs in the MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of how to query data sets to organize financial reports
- Familiar with accounting programs, including QuickBooks
- Strong understanding of federal and local tax codes
- Well-versed in most current bookkeeping strategies as well as budgeting best practices
- Skilled in 10-key and data entry
- Excellent mathematic and critical thinking skills
- Analytical mindset with a good eye for details
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
Accounting Clerk Resume Objectives
Accounting clerks often work in banks or accounting firms. They provide support via double-checking calculations or doing the calculations themselves. Clerks do routine checks on figures, verify financial data and look over recorded business transactions. A quality resume objective is clear, concise, and confident. It should highlight your skills and talents and convince your prospective employer to continue reading your resume.
What the Accounting Clerk Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An accounting clerk does various calculations and spends a lot of time with accounting and documentation software. Sometimes, they are responsible for rechecking work and eliminating mistakes. Clerks frequently have knowledge of economics, mathematics, customer service, and various software programs. When writing your resume, be sure to focus on any relevant training or education in mathematics, management, and computer science. Your objective should give your employer an accurate idea of what you are capable of and what your experience level is.
Sample Accounting Clerk Resume Objectives
When writing your objective for an accounting clerk position, hone in on your qualifications and experience. If you have any relevant education or knowledge, be sure to include that as well. Keep the objective short and straightforward. Also, include both the position you are applying for and the name of the prospective company.
1. Looking for an Accounting Clerk position with Company Name that utilizes extensive familiarity with accounting software, mathematics, and customer service.
2. Obtain a challenging Accounting Clerk position with Company Name that fosters career advancement by developing account management, organizational, and information processing skills.
3. Seeking an Accounting Clerk position with Company Name to use 15+ years of experience with ATX Total Accounting Office, AMS Winery Software, and customer service.
4. Organized and motivated individual looking for an Accounting Clerk position with Company Name to enable the use of time management, mathematical, and critical thinking abilities.
5. Searching for an Accounting Clerk position with Company Name to utilize comprehensive customer service, accounting software, mathematical, and organizational skill set.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.