Accounting Assistant Resume Objectives
Accounting assistants manage the daily bookkeeping and file maintenance of their workplace, providing important record upkeep. When applying for an accounting assistant position, it is essential to customize your resume objective in order to fully reflect your experience, proficiency, and interest in working for the company.
What the Accounting Assistant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
An accounting assistant performs tasks that are vital to the proper running of the workplace. Making sure records are current and complete, checking the accuracy of calculations, and having exceptional knowledge of mathematics, economics, and a full mastery of the English language are all necessary to help an organization run smooth. Accounting assistants also need outstanding skills in reading, writing, critical thinking, and oral communication in order to keep their office in proper working order. When writing your objective statement for an accounting assistant position, you should mention your proficiency in these skills as well as your qualifications and level of experience.
Sample Accounting Assistant Resume Objectives
When writing your resume objective, mention the name of the company to help show your genuine interest in working with them. You should also include your credentials, experience, and knowledge, all while keeping your objective succinct. Here are some examples to help get you started on writing your own resume objective:
1. Experienced, knowledgeable, and highly motivated accounting assistant seeks position in ABC company in order to make a positive contribution to the workplace.
2. Seeking an accounting assistant position with ABC company where organization, communication, and accounting skills can be a great benefit for the business.
3. Individual with 10 years of exceptional employment experience, desirable work ethic, and excellent problem-solving skills seeking an accounting assistant position with ABC company.
4. Looking for an accounting assistant position with ABC company where attention to detail, financial proficiency, and excellent mathematical skills are valued.
5. Dedicated professional seeks accounting assistant position with ABC company in order to utilize strengths in bookkeeping, file maintenance, and accurate record keeping.
Skills To Put in an Accounting Assistant Resume Objective
You can make the objective statement on your accounting assistant resume one of the most useful sections for potential employers by packing it with skills that portray how you can be an effective team member. Since hiring managers frequently spend just a few seconds scanning the page during the initial review, presenting your most applicable skills towards the top of the page may be instrumental in helping you move towards the next step of the hiring process.
Feature a well-rounded set of abilities that includes hard, technical skills and soft, interpersonal capabilities. Provide enough information to show that you possess the knowledge needed to perform the job functions and why you would be a good fit because of the way you approach the job. Accounting assistants regularly mention these skills when preparing a resume:
- Strong aptitude for working with numbers and detecting errors
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks
- Quick and accurate data entry skills
- Knowledgeable user of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Full-cycle bookkeeping skills, including payroll, taxes, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank reconciliation
- Experienced in billing and making collections calls
- Processes cash receipts and bank deposits
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing reports and procedures
- Able to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
Head Over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.