Table of Contents
Resume Success Stories
Building Your Wedding Planner Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
What Is a Wedding Planner?
A wedding planner converts the wedding-day dreams of the couple into reality. Often, planning a wedding is preceded by the couple’s engagement, where one person is hired to plan and organize both the ceremonies. The wedding planner also has to consider the grandeur level that their clients prefer — some may prefer grand-scale weddings while others prefer simple weddings. Right from planning to the execution, a wedding planner must ensure that all aspects of the wedding event, such as catering and reception, are done elegantly and smoothly according to the client’s requirements.
What Makes This a Great
Wedding Planner Resume Example?
Whether you are an experienced wedding planner or hoping to break into the field, your resume must convey to clients that you are the right person to plan their big event. This is where our wedding planner resume example can help you.
Here are three ways using our resume examples can help you write a strong wedding planner resume:
- Offers professionally-written content:Our resume examples are crafted by our team of certified resume writers who know how to write a resume that captures the attention of hiring managers and clients alike. Study them to learn how to use industry-specific keywords and phrases. For more help, use our Resume Builder, which offers pre-written text suggestions for every section of your resume that you can use as-is or customize to your needs.
- Helps you select the right format: Choosing the right resume format for your experience level is critical to putting your most impressive credentials front and center. The wedding planner resume example shown above uses the combination format, which focuses on the candidate’s skills and experience equally. Entry- or senior-level candidates should consider other resume formats.
- Shows appropriate resume templates: The design of your resume template should reflect the industry you are working in. As a wedding planner, using a sophisticated resume template is critical to projecting a professional image to potential clients.
3 Wedding Planner Professional Summaries Examples
The professional summary should encapsulate the highlights of your professional experience and skills. Study our wedding planner resume examples to see how to draft a summary that is well-written and impactful.
Here are three additional examples of professional summaries for a wedding planner resume:
- Detail-oriented event industry professional with ten years of experience in organizing high-end weddings. A member of the American Association of Certified Wedding Planners with expertise in planning wedding budgets of up to $250K. Effective team leader with sound negotiation, strategizing and communications skills. Proficiency in wedding planning software like Aisle Planner, Social Tables, MS Outlook and Zendesk.
- Creative destination wedding planner with five years of experience bringing clients’ vision to life. Strong network of vendors, musicians, florists, caterers and décor specialists. Ability to remain calm under pressure. Proficiency in event management tools and software to execute a streamlined wedding plan.
- Dedicated wedding planner with over eight years of experience. Skilled at contract preparations, abiding by budgets, and maintaining professional relationships with clients and vendors at every stage of the wedding planning.
3 Wedding Planner Work Experience Section Examples
An impactful work experience is critical to landing on the shortlist of applicants. Our wedding planner resume examples show you how to add data and metrics to demonstrate the impact your work has had on your clients’ events.
Here are three additional examples of wedding planner work experience experience you might consider for your resume:
- Offer couples a 3D interactive application with work samples of our artists, like musicians, florists and decorators, to show clients how their big day could look and feel.
- Organized a four-day destination wedding at a private estate in the Bahamas for 400 guests. Itinerary included activities like water sports, local cultural events and exotic food tours.
- Developed relationships with local food banks that help couples reduce food waste at their weddings by 60%.
Top Skills for Your Wedding Planner Resume
Your skills are vital factors that determine whether you get the job of a wedding planner. Use our Resume Builder to list the sought-after skills in your wedding planner resume.
Here are some skills that may be recommended by our builder for your resume:
- Planning and organizing wedding events
- Cultural knowledge
- Excellent communication
- Ability to work under pressure
Find Your Ideal Job
Once you have built your resume, stay on top of your job search with Job Alerts. Once you sign up, we will email you when there are new wedding planner openings in your location.
Wedding Planner Plain Text Resume
Name :Susan Steele
Address: City, State, Zip Code
Wedding planner specializing in creating elegant New Orleans-style celebrations. More than a decade of experience planning a variety of Big Easy celebrations that bring clients’ vision to life within budget. Well-connected in the local community. Strong organizational skills, creativity and time management.
March 2015 to Current
Company Name, City, State
- Planned and organized weddings with budgets up to $150K
- Manage all details with the couple, from choosing wedding invitations to choosing locations to arranging specialty experiences, such as second line parades
- Skilled at research and sourcing of hard to find items, including vintage props and decor
- Work with florists, caterers and other vendors to stay on task and within budget
May 2010 to March 2015
Company Name, City, State
- Planned up to 125 corporate conferences, galas, luncheons and parties annually
- Strong problem solving and project management skills kept planning on track
- Created relationships with caterers, florists and other vendors to ensure quality
- Skilled in contract negotiations and gained a reputation for bringing events to completion under budget
- Floral design
- Vendor relations
- Contract negotiation
- Budget management
- Venue selection
- Wedding trends proficiency
Bachelor of Arts Meeting And Event Planning, City, State
Wedding Planner FAQs
How can a wedding planner apply for a job without experience?
A wedding planner starting out in their career should focus on transferable skills, such as project management, budgeting, venue scouting and knowledge of the latest trends to show your ability to get the job done.
What are some necessary traits to become a wedding planner?
Wedding planners must be grace under pressure. Since weddings are emotional events, wedding planners will see the best and the worst of human behavior, which means an even temper is critical to the role. They should have a can-do personality that will assure clients that they will be able to enjoy their wedding while the planner handles the details.
Is it necessary for wedding planners to get certified?
Wedding planners don’t need to be certified in the United States. However, certification adds a layer of credibility and professionalism to your resume. You can become a member of organizations like the American Association of Certified Wedding Planners, which provides a platform for continuous learning and developing a community of other professionals in your field.