Billing Specialist Resume Examples
Billing specialists will always be in demand. Charged with administering and managing all the aspects of the financial billing process, they are employed across industries to verify information, generate bills, and keep detailed records of every monetary transaction at an organization. The job outlook for these roles is projected to remain steady, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, making it a great time to apply.
Our billing specialist resume example has been crafted by certified resume writers to show you what a stand out resume looks like. Study it as you write your own resume.
OUR RECOMMENDED EXAMPLECustomize This Resume
Resume Success Stories
What is a Billing Specialist?
A billing specialist is responsible for examining financial transactions at an organization. They calculate, administer, verify, update and, process invoice payments to ensure customers are charged the right amount. They also ensure that the bills are sent to the right address and then follow up with the customers on the payments. Billing specialists may be employed at health care centers, insurance or other financial firms.
Billing specialists also provide solutions to customers regarding any billing issues. They prepare reports on all billing activities that contain reliable information. In 2019, there were approximately 484,200 billing and posting clerks employed in the United States.
What Makes This a Great
Billing Specialist Resume Example?
A well-written resume can leave a lasting impression. Most recruiters seek industry-specific skills when reviewing the resumes of billing specialist applicants. Our certified resume writers understand the essential skills and experience hiring managers look for and use them to craft an impactful resume. Study our billing specialist resume example to build your own.
Here’s how using our resume examples can give you an advantage:
- Professionally written content: To land a job as a billing specialist, you must be able to articulate your professional achievements and skills using keywords from the job ad. Study our resume example above to learn how to incorporate these keywords into your resume. For more help, use our Resume Builder, which offers pre-written text suggestions and industry keywords for every section of your resume.
- Resume format guidance: The resume format you choose can help or hinder your job search. To put your most impressive credentials front and center, choose a format based on your level of experience, The example above uses a combination format, which is perfect for a mid-career professional who wants to shine a spotlight on both work experience and skills. Entry- or senior-level applicants should consider a different resume format.
- Choosing an appropriate template: The look of your resume can be just as critical as its content. Choose a design that is reflective of the industry in which you seek employment. Billing and collections is a conservative field so a traditional resume template with a subtle design, like the one above, is perfect. For more colorful options, peruse our library of resume templates.
3 Billing Specialist Professional Summary Examples
The professional summary is the essence of a resume, as it’s usually the first part that recruiters read. A compelling summary is a good way to get your name on the recruiter’s shortlist of candidates. Use our billing specialist resume example as a guide to draft it, or use our builder, which will suggest pre-written content for this critical section.
Here are three examples our builder might recommend for your billing specialist resume:
- Detail-oriented billing specialist, well equipped at processing and reviewing insurance and medical billing. Six years of experience generating invoices, verifying billing accounts, and effectively submitting reimbursement requests. Organized and accurate at reviewing accounts information data.
- Professional insurance and corporate billing specialist with significant experience in managing and processing insurance policies. Ability to work in coordination with agents and department personnel to ensure effective functioning. Excellent communicator and data-driven expert, recommending effective financial solutions to customers.
- Certified billing specialist providing verified account information reviews and thorough compliance with the corporate financial policies. Possess extensive software and technical knowledge useful in processing customer invoices promptly.
3 Billing Specialist Work Experience Examples
The work experience section is a crucial aspect of your resume and must highlight the notable achievements of your professional career. Our billing specialist resume example can teach you how to succinctly write work experience entries that will get you noticed. Or, use our Resume Builder, which will offer pre-written, customizable content to add to your resume.
Here are some of the listed work experience examples our builder might suggest for your billing specialist resume:
- Developed a system to document weekly reports of disputed receivables to assess risks and reduce backlog which improved cash-flow by $80,000 per month.
- Ensured careful record-handling and quick invoice responses at an e-commerce company to facilitate effective billing transactions leading to improved reviews and better customer experience.
- Suggested implementation of a system of password-protected access of customer billing data to maintain strict confidentiality of the customer’s information and prevent data leaks to competitors in a highly competitive IT components market
Top Skills for Your Billing Specialist Resume
Billing specialists are assertive and administrative professionals responsible for keeping tabs on the company’s financial records and offering customer assistance. Our expertly written billing specialist resume examples lists key skills that will impress a recruiter.
Here are some of the skills that our Resume Builder might recommend:
- Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist
- Certified Professional Biller
- Financial analysis software
- HIPAA compliance
- Complex problem-solving
- Proactive and attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Effective communication
Building Your Billing Specialist Resume with Our Builder:
Select a Resume Template
Choose Pre-Written Phrases
Download, Print and Apply
Billing Specialist FAQs
- What are the skills and qualifications required to be a billing specialist?
- What are the qualifications and training required for a billing specialist?
- What is the working environment like for a billing specialist?
What are the skills and qualifications required to be a billing specialist?
A billing specialist supervises financial transactions to facilitate a quick and accurate payment process. They require excellent customer service and software knowledge to initiate payment collections, research, and assist customers in solving their financial queries. They need to have an analytical mind along with strong math and bookkeeping skills. Proficiency using computers is also a requisite.
What are the qualifications and training required for a billing specialist?
All billing specialist roles require at least a high school diploma or GED. For some roles, an associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a relevant field is necessary. Professional certifications that enhance industry-specific knowledge are also valuable to have on your resume. These include the Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist, Certified Administrative Professional, and Certified Professional Biller credentials.
What is the working environment like for a billing specialist?
A billing specialist can be employed at healthcare centers, nursing homes, insurance facilities, corporate banking, or other financial institutions. They typically work full-time and may have to work extra hours during the financial year closing. Billing specialists usually do not work on weekends or holidays. This is typically a desk job but might require travel in some instances, depending on the industry you work.