Versatile Maintenance Supervisor trained in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, and HVAC system troubleshooting. Comfortable working in a school setting and with diverse personalities.
Supervision and training
Complex problem solving
- Installed a standby generator at the High School for the sump pumps to prevent the flooding of the basement in the event of a power outage
- Worked with an Eagle Scout to design & build a brick planter around the sign at the Sanford Street School
- Worked with the PTA at the Big Cross Street School to remove their old sign & install a new one in a different location
- Designed & poured a sidewalk with help of co-workers on Grant Ave for a new drop off zone for the students
- Worked with PTA at Big Cross to design a walking path around the field. Required us to dig out the dirt & install stone dust to use as a base for walking, jogging & exercising
- Worked with the IT department to design new work stations for tablets in the High School Library. A coworker & myself custom built the counters & installed them, along with the installation of all new electrical connections
- Assisted and worked alongside contractors on the Asbestos Abatement projects over the last nine years
- Designed and custom built work stations and furniture throughout the district
- Remodeled two classrooms at the Sanford Street School. Required extensive layout design work and the installation of a custom tile design
CSEAGlens Falls, NYUnion PresidentRepresent members and protect their rights. Collectively bargain on behalf of the majority of the workers. Work to negotiate the Bargaining Agreement between the Union and the District
Glens Falls City School DistrictGlens Falls, NYMaintenance Man/Maintenance SupervisorWorked with single and three-phase power distribution. Troubleshot equipment problems using tools such as multi-meters and general hand-tools. Inspected facility-related manufacturing support systems on a daily basis. Installed electrical data and telephone lines and fixtures. Refurbished furniture and ordered replacement pieces when necessary. Analyzed and interpreted data from facilities equipment. Recommended new equipment and maintenance procedures to the facility manager. Changed lamps and ballasts and tested electrical circuitry.