Over 6 years of combined and applied experience in Physical Therapy, Exercise/Sports Medicine and Forensic Mental Health with an additional 2 years' experience in Special Education. As a Special Education teacher I've served and educated student struggling with several emotional and behavioral disabilities in a therapeutic classroom. As a teacher and case manager I developed individualized education program utilizing best practices. As an DBHDD Activity Therapist I've established full-time Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) Rehabilitation plans in order to provide individual services for serious and persistent physically disabled adults using the recovery model to meet the individual goals of their designated treatment plans. All meetings, records of patients' progress, and required advancements inpatient treatment are documented. In order to ensure compliance while maximizing reimbursement, all billing claims are submitted to my Supervisor indicating the correct services rendered and appropriate billing codes, for approval and filing in a timely manner. As a Special Education Teacher, responsibilities include maintaining an educational and therapeutic environment for students with challenging behavior disorders. Additionally, I coordinated services of students related to Occupational Therapy, Music Therapy, supervised paraprofessionals, IEP and Reevaluation Meetings. Passionate Teacher with experience developing and implementing diverse curriculums covering a wide range of subjects. Highly skilled at motivating students through positive encouragement and reinforcement of concepts via interactive classroom instruction and observation. Successful in helping students develop strong literacy, numeracy, social, and learning skills.
Developed and instructed enrichment activities for youth within social-emotional learning, S.T.E.A.M, health and fitness, youth leadership, and social justice.
• Provided participants with programming that is inclusive and both physically and emotionally safe.
• Monitored student progress and needs as appropriate
• Provided weekly documented lesson plans to the Director and Specialist via Google Classroom
• Prepared students for performances or presentations after concluding enrichment quarter, through program showcase
• Participated in weekly collaborative and staff meetings and online and/or in-person training.
• Provided best practices in youth development programming
Educated/ serviced students with social, emotional and/or behavioral challenges. These students' behaviors may in clude but are not limited to, significant, aggressive, self-destructive, atypical, and withdrawal behaviors. Children receiving GNETS services are taught coping skills, behavior regulation, and adaptive behaviors, with a keen focus on developing positive interpersonal relationships with others.
• Serviced students in the general education setting in the student's current school placement. • Serviced students in the current school placement with “pull out” services from the general education setting. • Planned and implemented individualized education programs in the therapeutic classroom. • Visited schools for consultation and program planning regarding theneeds of students.
• Participated in the intake and staffing process for referred children.
• Conducted weekly staff planning with other members of the treatment team to evaluate the progress of children in the program.
• Provided feedback to students regarding academic and behavioral progress.
• Supervised Paraprofessional Staff
• Responsible for periodic data collection on children in the therapeutic classroom for the purpose of evaluating student's progress toward individual objectives.
• Serviced students current school placement with a portion of the day in a GNETS classroom/setting. • Serviced students provided for the full school day in a dedicated GNETS classroom/setting.
• Serviced students in a dedicated GNETS classroom/setting located in an off-campus GNETS facility for part of the day.
• Serviced students in a dedicated GNETS classroom/setting located in an off-campus GNETS facility for the entire school day.
Utilized patient-orientated treatment to improve ROM, strength, coordination, and proprioception in the outpatient setting.
• Provided ongoing physical therapy services that effectively and efficiently comply with treatment plans.
• Took ownership of obtaining necessary additional information and suggesting revisions in treatment as appropriate.
• Documented all treatments and other pertinent patient interactions in accordance with company policy. • Skillfully and safely progressed patients through their levels of treatment until successful completion of care.
• Engaged with patients for a more impactful, effective, sustainable treatment experience. • Actively pursued professional growth through affiliation with professional PT associations, workshop attendance, and conferences.
Planned, directed, and coordinated therapeutic recreation programs. Activities include sports, gardening, dramatics, music, social activities, and arts and crafts. Conducted assessments of a client's condition and recommended appropriate recreational activities.
• Conducted therapy sessions to improve clients' mental and physical well-being.
• Developed treatment plan to meet the needs of the client, based on needs assessment, client interests, and objectives of therapy.
• Encouraged clients with special needs and circumstances to acquire new skills and get involved in health-promoting life skills and leisure activities, such as sports, games, music, arts and crafts, and gardening.
• Observed, analyzed, and recorded clients' participation, reactions, and progress during treatment sessions, modifying treatment programs as needed.
• Planned, organized, directed, and participated in treatment programs and activities to facilitate clients' rehabilitation, help them integrate into the community, and prevent further medical problems.
• Prepared and submitted reports and charts to the treatment team to reflect clients' reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
• Participated in crisis de-escalation
• Managed medication distribution
• Group facilitation
• Served on hospital-wide committees
• Coordinated mental health and substance use disorder treatment and/or support needs with at Community Integration Home
Job Titles Held: