A myriad of experience in education, demonstrating innovative teaching strategies with diverse groups of students. Strong results accomplished through use of highly developed, collaborative skills and a commitment to the development of partnerships between LAUSD, CPS, students, parents, and the community.
Highly skilled, and dedicated professional educator.
engaging, useful lessons that are kinesthetic, visual, tactile and Common Core based.
Created and implemented innovative and engaging lesson plans.
Drama Teacher for all grades (2012-2013)
Teacher for grades 1, 4, 6, and 7 Teacher (2006-2011)
• Directed school-wide play and children's theatre, focusing on improving literary comprehension skills.
• Engaged in quarterly mapping in all subjects with grade level cycle.
• Chair of Fine Arts Department: facilitated departmental meetings; led discussion for administrative concerns.
• Introduced 1st Drama Club for students of music, art and dance at William J. and Charles H. Mayo School.
• Developed budget for Drama department play; managed costs within budget.
• Chaired Family Math and Reading Night; African Extravaganza week resulting in improved community/family relationships.
• Chair of RtI, SBPS, and SIPPA committees.
• Created individualized learning plans for students based upon NWEA, ISAT, and Classroom assessment data; data was used to determine students' current performance level and implement programs intended to bring them to them to grade level.
• Trained and utilized DIEBELS for first grade testing assessment and monitoring.
• Collaborated with community partners to raise funds for a classroom project.
• Piloted the CPS Literacy Framework for the school and as a model for balanced literacy for multiple grade levels.
• Integrated technology into the classroom by utilizing classroom blogs, websites, and online learning programs to build facilitate learning and student capability in the area of technology.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: