Enthusiastic educator looking for a counseling position with superb leadership and communication skills. Easily cultivates trusting and productive relationships with students, parents, teachers and administration.
- I am a dedicated and goal driven individual who is committed to educating students to help them develop and grow personally, academically, and socially.
- I am extremely flexible, creative, organized, as well as passionate and will ensure that all children's styles and concerns are addressed in order for them to be functioning at their highest potential.
- I have great interpersonal skills which allow me to develop meaningful and productive relationships with students, parents, staff, administrators, and the community.
Named "Teacher of the Year" for Kings Manor Elementary for the 2014 - 2015 school year.
- School Counselor (EC-12)
- EC-4 Generalist
- Special Education Supplemental
- ESL Supplemental
- 4th grade team leader for the 2012 - 2013, 2013 - 2014, & 2014 - 2015 school year
- Vertical Writing team leader for the 2013 - 2014 & 2014 - 2015 school year.
- Identified early signs of emotional, developmental and health problems in students and followed up with parents.
- Set and communicated ground rules for the classroom based on respect and personal responsibility.
- Encouraged students to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Observed and assessed student performance and kept thorough records of progress.
- Established clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects.
- Implemented a variety of teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations.
- Tutored children individually and in small groups to help them with difficult subjects.
- Scheduled and held parent-teacher conferences to keep parents up-to-date on children's academic performance.
- Established positive relationships with students, parents, fellow teachers and school administrators.
- Employed a broad range of instructional techniques to retain student interest and maximize learning.
- Taught students in various stages of cognitive, linguistic, social and emotional development.
- Managed all departmental employees
- Interviewed, hired, and trained all new employees
- Ensured productivity standards were met
- Ensured quality standards were mer
- Helped to create and implement a process to reduce delinquency rate to meet national standard laws
- Assisted with JCAHO action plan to monitor history and physical compliance
- Assisted with Joint Commission surveys
- Liaison between physicians and hospital administration
- Ensured that charts were in compliance with hospital bylaws
- Conducted audits on charts and maintained documentation logs
- Completed release of records to attorneys, insurance companies, and physician's offices in accordance with the HIPAA law
- Supervised front end employees
- Monitored large monetary transactions
- Assisted customers
- Supervised evening shift employees
- Conducted telephone research surveys
- Maintained call log and ensured productivity standards were met
- Program GPA 4.0
- completed 200 hour school counseling internship at Kings Manor Elementary
- student teaching completed at Kings Manor Elementary from September - December 2009 in 4th grade Math/Science
- Program GPA 3.7
- graduated Magna Cum Laude
- gradated at the top 10% of the class
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: