I have worked for five years in the child care industry, making sure that the children in the area that I live have a fun and safe time. My goals are to continue to teach and care for children, as my career. My continuous training and education will help me fulfil this goal. The passion I put into my work shows that, I love what I do.
TeacherJun 2013 to May 2016 New Beginnings Day Care － Blue Hill, ME
Managed up to 5 children at a time.
Handled money and made out receipts.
Taining a child to use the restrooms.
Teach the children how to use different materials for crafts
Having the ability to be flexible with positions.
Being available to open and close the facility, and make out receipts and handle money.
CNA - Certified Nursing AssistantJan 2013 to Jun 2014 Penobscot Nursing Home － Penobscot, ME
Managed up to 20 residents.
Kept records on each resident.
Helped with activities of daily living
Worked with several different types of residents, from the independent to the resident that
needed constant monitoring and attention.
Communicated with the registered nurses about the residents and asked how to handle certain situation.
Daycare AssitantJan 2015 to Dec 2015 Pensacola Christian Academy － Pensacola, FL
This program was a before and afterschool program, to assist parents to stay at work longer. The program help children from the ages of 5- 12.
- Assisting the children with school work.
- Helping them with finding their way around the facility and also to find their parents after school.
- Snack time
Program AssistantAug 2016 to Current Navy CYP － Lemoore Naval Air Station, CA
Child and Youth Programs (CYP) are responsible for providing safe, happy and nurturing care for children. Navy Child and Youth Programs provide high quality educational and recreational programs for children and youth. Teams of caring, knowledgeable professionals plan developmentally appropriate programs that are responsive to the unique needs, abilities, and interests of children. As a staff member we are to fosters a sense of independence, trust, and responsibility within each child through understanding and respectful interactions. Likewise, through positive relationships, our programs respect and support the ideals, cultures, and values of families in their task of nurturing children and youth. We are advocates for children, families, and the child and youth professionals within our programs and surrounding communities.
- Several trainings were achieved such as:
- CPR and First aid for all ages
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Child Abuse Trainings
- Star Training (customer service training)
General2013Bucksport Christian School － Bucksport , ME, usaI graduated with a 3.0 and was given honors every year.
Bachelor of Science, Elementary EducationPensacola Christian College － Pensacola , FL, usaI attended for about two and half years, and finished the majority of the degree program, including several child development classes.
Associate of Science, Early ChildhoodLiberty University － ONLINEI transferred to this school in 2016 due to life changes. I am about finished with my associates within 12 credit hours.
Activities and Accomplishments
- MWR 5Ks as a staff member we were encouraged to run and advertise at a fall festival for the CYP.
- CDC (Child Development Center) held a fall festival and I participated in face painting and making sure children were safe.
- Youth Center's annual jet lighting happens around Christmas, I helped with decorating and getting gift bags together and during the event I was with crowd control.
- Youth Center also held a fall festival, where I helped with a not so scary haunted house for all the military families.
- I was in control of the art room and the actives and made sure the room was ready prier to the children arrived. Always having art on the walls was a big priority.
- I ran a photography club with the 4th and 5th graders.
- I run a anti-bully club with the teens.
- I ran a preschool program and held, a very well received program, at the end of the school year.
- I am a quick learner and am willing to learn new thinks