A Service-oriented Healthcare professional with eight plus years experience in the healthcare settings. A very dependable and self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and readily adapt to new challenges. An exceptional worker, who go above and beyond the call of duty to get things done in a timely manner and whose aim is to excel in innovation, quality service delivery, and to contribute towards achieving and exceeding organizational goals.
- Serves as the custodian of medical records for the Washington DC Medical Center.
- Formulates standard of operation for Release of Information (ROI) processes and develops plans for policy implementation.
- Enforces the Privacy Act, HIPAA, and FOIA acts and the rules, regulations and procedures in the ROI unit.
- Provides training guidance with regards to release of medical records processes, and applicable electronic systems such as ROI Plus, CPRS and VistA Access.
- Recruits and Trains ROI staff on the Release of Health Information processes, in accordance to the VHA Directive 1605.01, Federal Regulations, HIPAA Privacy Rule and Release of Information Guidelines.
- Evaluates, counsels and initiates disciplinary actions, approves and/or disapprove leave of employees, inform employees of policies, procedures, and goals of ROI.
- Resolves most problems and work issues without assistance of the HIMS Chief or the Service Chief.
- Develops and recommends approaches to address current and anticipated problems and issues. And also works with management and more experienced professionals to resolve major problems.
- Uses VistA Imaging Capture to train ROI staff on scanning medical records.
- Monitors daily reports for closed, open and pending requests in order to track productivity of the section.
- Processes all legal request such as court orders or subpoena requests, and ensures Regional Counsel is notified of such requests.
- Oversees the preparation, processing, maintenance, and custody of medical records.
- Uses the Online Records Retrieval System to order archive/retired medical records.
- Managed and monitored Epic deficiency reports to facilitate physician documentation completeness and compliance.
- Validated all physician deficiencies prior to communicating with or suspending physicians.
- Researched all incomplete medical records and ensures that appropriate action is taken to complete the electronic health records.
- Managed the "1542" work queue in EPIC.
- Enforced medical staff rules and regulations according to the "Documentation of Patient Care" in the Electronic Medical Record policy.
- Served as a key representative for physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Monitored unit budget to ensure financial objectives and goals are met.
- Observed strict confidentiality and safeguards all patient-related health information.
- Ensured legal compliance by following company policies, procedures, guidelines, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Ensured timely response to written requests for patient information as required by law.
- Helped the hiring manager in interviewing new applicants.
- Supervised and trained new employees in the department.
- Managed and preserved the electronic health records.
- Maintained and provided excellent customer services by responding to customer inquiries.
- Established and maintained effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, and management.
- Safeguard medical records and protected health information, and also ensured that confidentiality is maintained.
-Screened, researched, logged, and processed all requests using Epic and other electronic systems in accordance to HIPAA and facility regulations.
- Processed Subpoena request, and acted as a custodian for the department by appearing in court in cases of Subpoena Duces Tecum.
- Processed request for radiology films using PacsCube system.
- Served as a public notary; Notarized medical records and any other documents.
-Processed all medical record requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensured accuracy and provided customers with the highest quality product and customer service.
- Safeguard and protected the patient's right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient's medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization,
company policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Reviewed, analyzed and performed quality control.
- Indexed, Prepped and Scanned medical records in the electronic system.
- The National Society of Leadership and Success
- Phi Theta Kappa
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: