Compassionate and caring Substance Abuse Counselor, with ALC credentials and over 8 years of employment in mental health and addiction environments. Extremely skilled at building trust with diverse individuals to promote client honesty and growth during recovery processes. Seek to leverage abilities and pursue employment in counseling treatment setting focused on substance abuse care and or mental health.
· I adequately assessed possible patients stating that they were experiencing possible emotional distress.
· Screened potential mental health clients to determine if they were candidates for behavioral health services at Crestwood Medical.
· I researched all insurance information and benefits were verified through the emergency room prior to admission to Crestwood Behavioral Health.
· I meticulously viewed admission information to ensure the data was correct for submission to the individual client's insurance company.
· I articulated Crestwood policies and regulations to clients post admission to Crestwood Behavioral Health.
· I partnered with Crestwood nurses, Psychiatrists and therapists to counsel patients and provide educational counseling.
· Worked with diverse clients with diagnosed mental health delays such as schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, and anti-social disorders.
· Assisted in the development of daily plans and goals of clients with mental health disorders and alcoholism post discharge.
· Offered suggestions in solution focused therapy to clients needing assistance in cognitive development.
· I converted management reports into a final format content to the benefit of clients.
· Advocated for enabling and educating the client on how to be proficient and successful after release from Crestwood.
· Designed creative group themes and led individual and facilitated group counseling.
· Conducted appropriate psychotherapeutic sessions.
· Documented psycho-social assessments as needed.
· I participated in clinical meetings regarding conducting proper assessments, addressing the needs of clients and carrying out proper case management protocol.
Psychology Counseling & Associates
936 Jeff Road NW
Huntsville, Al 35806
Calvin Matthews PhD.
Responsible for the following-
· Psychological testing: Wechsler Memory Scale(WMS), Wechsler Individual Achievement Tests(WIAS), Conners3, Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test(K-BIT), and Clinical Assessment of Behavior.
· Interpreted and prepared results of each client.
· Co-counseled during couples counseling using Solution Focus Therapy.
· Co-counseled utilizing Positive Psychology and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for clients with anxiety diagnosis.
· Prepared client progress notes.
· Worked with preschool aged clients, adults, and geriatric clients.
· Met weekly with Dr.(s) Matthews in setting professional goals and developing additional strategies for psychological approaches.
Longwood Psychological CenterSeptember 2017-May 2018
111 Longwood Drive SW
Huntsville, Al. 35801
Patrick Quirk PsyD.
Worked directly with Dr. Quirk and other therapists in interviewing and preparing reports for possible disability assessments.
My other duties included-
· Interviewing new clients and gaining insight for the visit.
· Developing counseling strategies for each client.
· Conducted tests for bariatric testing, Wechsler Intelligence Testing, Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children.
· Scored and prepared all psychological tests and reviewed results with Dr. Quirk.
· Ordered test materials.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: