Results-oriented project manager with solid track record in managing cross-sector partnerships and developing innovative strategies to address critical community issues and social determinants of health. Experienced multi-tasker and skilled communicator with the ability to analyze and translate information to a wide range of audiences. Fueled by a passion for helping children, youth and families thrive.
·Led efforts for California Library Association and Partnership for Children and Youth to build cross-sector partnerships to support "whole child' developmental needs.
· Planned and implemented the first statewide pilot at public libraries to promote early learning and nutrition/food access and school readiness among young children, growing collaborations between libraries, schools, health and social service agencies.
· Increased cross-sector partnerships to build food insecurity as a channel to address toxic stress, literacy among low-income families.
· Provided a broad range of strategic planning, partnership development and program planning for local government, healthcare, public health, public policy, and youth development agencies to address critical community issues.
Increased the number of California libraries serving summer meals by 1500% and number of meals served at libraries by 1100% since project inception; increased breadth and depth of community partnerships
· Increased community partnerships with affordable/public housing as hubs to address healthy food access and literacy.
· Initiated first-ever partnership with Contra Costa Sheriff's Office (pro-bono) to provide free books and food resources to children visiting incarcerated family members at Contra Costa detention facilities, distributing more than 10,000 books to date.
·Increased interagency collaboration between libraries, law enforcement and foster care agencies to provide food to foster youth, addressing immediate needs of the highest risk group.
Continued direction of strategy and activities for Summer Meal Coalition, driving a collective impact approach to advance equity and the wellbeing of youth and families in low-income communities based on social determinants of health.
· Planned and facilitated convenings for locally elected leaders to build shared understanding and plan to address needs of vulnerable families. · Saw largest increase in collaboration, leadership support and program participation in San Bernardino County—California's largest county and highest rate of food insecurity—leading to multiple USDA awards.
· Significantly increased interagency collaboration by providing strategic planning and technical assistance to more than 700 agencies and locally elected leaders across California.
· Worked closely with National League of Cities, League of California Cities and California State Association of Counties to advance city and county capacity to effectively serve youth needs. Assisted local leaders in the development of local coalitions, asset mapping and collective impact planning.
· Cultivated donor relationships, fundraised a cumulative $800k, and managed $200-250k annual budget. Simultaneously managed multiple projects, grants, contracts and consultants. Responsible for grant writing, implementation and evaluation.
· Planned, implemented and evaluated new programs such as Lunch at the Library, expanding the number of public libraries serving summer meals and building “whole child” interagency collaborations;.
·Recognized by USDA as a best practice and advised USDA on national expansion efforts.
· Planned and implemented highly successful events for families to increase access to nutrition, literacy and wrap-around services. Events increased public awareness and family engagement, tripled summer meal program participation and brought new resources to the community.
· Analyzed data to identify county needs and developed proposals for cross-sector collaboration.
· Established strong relationships with USDA, California Department of Education, California Department of Social Services and California Department of Public Health. Served as communication conduit with the field that resulted in program improvements and increased responsiveness to local agency needs.
· Extensive public speaking experience includes more than 200 local, state and national level speaking engagements. Served as Coalition spokesperson and increased media coverage of summer meals and Coalition efforts by 2600%.
· Received USDA Sunshine Award, California Library Association President's Award and recognition from State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
· Built California's only cross-discipline coalition representing 35+ local and state agencies to promote youth health and out-of-school-time by increasing access to USDA child nutrition programs.
· Earned national recognition and resulting in three consecutive years of increased summer meal program participation.
Led a broad range of communications, event and program planning for healthcare, public policy, youth development and public health agencies. Clients included CANFIT, Berkeley Media Studies Group, California Pacific Medical Center, Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation, Women's Cancer Network, California Center for Research on Women and Families, California Department of Public Health and COPE Family Services.
· Increased client visibility through the creation of strategic marketing materials and targeted media relations. Coached clients in how to effectively tell their story with impact to target audiences.
· Led event development and on-site media relations efforts, policy analysis, writing articles, educational and marketing content, and partnership development for a wide range of clients.
· Served on steering and fundraising committees (pro bono) for Breast Cancer Town Halls, resulting in well-attended events in low-income San Francisco neighborhoods and increased high value in-kind donations of services and goods.
Certificate, Communities at Work, Advanced Group Facilitation Skills – Multi-Stakeholder Collaboration
Member, Food Research and Action Center Leadership Institute (Washington DC)
Facilitator, CA State Association of Counties Institute's “Emerging Issues: Supporting Homeless and At-Risk Youth”
CDPH Childhood Obesity Conference Planning Committee (2015-2017)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: