I am an experienced field communications specialist with technical and interpersonal skills hoping to advance as a Communications Campaign Coordinator.
Strategic Communications Assistant – (May 2015 – November 2018) Southern Region Communications Coordinator (May 2015 – January 2018)
• Coordinated the communications needs for all the southern region's affiliates and IU campaigns including setting up and training affiliates on Action Network (email program), Union Hall (website development), Mobile Commons (Text Program), Hustle (Peer to Peer Texting).
• Campaign Communications lead for a variety of union organizing campaigns including AFSCME Texas OC 7's statewide organizing campaign. Utilizing my interpersonal relationship skills to build lasting relationships with member leaders from across the state
• Campaign Communications lead to defeat a statewide anti-union bill that would affect the rights of Texas state workers. Developed and delivered the message with the use of an extensive digital ad program with a budget of dollars for digital ads, and extensive email program, and print communications program.
• Campaign Communications Lead for Issue 1 – the push to have the City of Houston fully fund city employees' pension fund. Responsible for a 10,000-dollar digital add budget, member volunteer program, editorial/press, and print program
• Communications Lead for AFSCME Florida during the 2016 Presidential Campaign
• Developed a campaign plan to organize the first regional charter school chain in Cleveland Ohio
• Duties included developing an organizing committee of worksite leaders that would organize their coworkers to sign membership/authorization cards, build their worksite, and vote for and win a union at their workplace
• Created campaign literature that highlighted the need for a union, addressed the concerns of organizing members and provided the general public an understanding of the organizing campaign that was occurring.
• Cleveland Lead for Fight for a Fair Economy Managed a canvass operation of over 50 canvassers
• Union Organizer for a variety of SEIU healthcare organizing campaigns in Brownsville, TX, Jefferson MO, Chicago IL.
• Union Campaign Lead for a regional assisted living chain in Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia. Responsible for developing Organizing Committees, worksite leaders, and a campaign plan to worksite units to organize, win their union, and negotiate their contracts.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: