Solutions and team-oriented Sr. Financial Analyst possessing superior interpersonal skills, with a high level of customer service orientation in the areas of business/data analysis and reporting, business plan development and problem solving.
Effectively supporting/ influencing senior leadership decisions within the organization by:
- Building financial models and visualizations that drive strategic and tactical initiatives..
- Partnering with all levels of leadership throughout the organization to identify opportunities for cost savings and increased productivity.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring projects and ad-hoc analysis that pertain to senior leadership initiatives with the goal of increasing revenue.
- Prepare and present monthly and bi-weekly presentations and formal analysis in support of executive decision making and strategy development.
- Participate in the monthly close process, preparing journal entries, month end reporting of actuals and providing detailed variance analysis to the Sr. VP of operations.
- Maintaining subject matter expert status in all processes and procedures by establishing and documenting standard operating procedures to achieve consistency and compliance throughout the department
- Orienting and assisting new unit leaders in understanding the organizations budget process and making recommendations based on staffing goals.
- Demonstrate data driven decision - making capabilities with the ability to work on a diverse scope of projects requiring detailed analysis and a continued dedication to data accuracy.
- Advise leadership on multi-million dollar lab instrument purchases that would increase the company's contribution margin by 5 % annually as well as provide our customers with superior customer service.
- Identify key instruments utilized by our customers - bookmarking criticality, instrument age and current engineer availability.
- Compile global database of company talent to identify gaps on training and availability for our customers.
- Communicate recommendations to leadership /customers on services that would best suit their needs, resulting in a continual increase in profitability.
- Work closely with leadership to understand departmental strategies and provide the most efficient access to pertinent data.
- Create comprehensive reporting tools using various databases to provide current cost and spend trends.
- Assist in the development of proactive strategies and goals of internal departments in order to eliminate double work and increase efficiency between departments.
- Develop custom reporting tools and Dashboards for Program Managers to maintain their territories more efficiently.
- Participated in data mapping projects to consolidate all data that was being stored within different home-grown systems.
- Prepare data for new accounts coming on board for monthly KPI reporting. This entails, data standardization, and continuous interaction with the customer to ensure that their reporting needs are satisfied.
- Assist in the creation of metrics data definitions, development of business processes and new and innovative ways to collect metrics to improve the integrity of the data while remaining cognizant of the additional burden that may be placed on contributing organizations.
- Major contributor on company projects that pertained to automating manual processes, streamlining existing processes and process flows, implementing new system capabilities through careful navigation of requirements and various department demands, with the ability to communicate realistic results. All of which resulted in reduction in cost to the Payment Operations department as well as the overall company.
- Recipient of three Spot Awards for outstanding contributions to major projects.
- Maximize effectiveness and efficiencies of current Payment Operations process flows by establishing system policies and procedures, controls and reporting systems.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in fund logic, JD Edwards, Product and Purchaser Coding and financial system mapping.
- Strategically collaborate with SME's company wide to gain further knowledge of system and business characteristics in order to properly diagnose issues and come to timely resolutions.
- Develop and assist with establishment of databases and reporting tools that support upper management and other departments to ensure efficiency and productivity internally and between departments.
- Monitor and confirm system functionality on daily, weekly and monthly basis - utilizing error reports and spot audits in the effort to be proactive in identifying any Payment Operations issues that would hinder adjudication and Sox compliance thus resulting in additional interest or penalties paid to the provider, vendor or government.
- Successfully transitioned all Business and Financial Analyst responsibilities to Western Region counterparts due to Company buy out, through in-person, teleconference and NetMeeting training sessions.
- Tracked, monitored and reported expenses associated with employee relocations.
- Functioned as liaison to corporate clients to assess and resolve issues relating to employee reimbursements, payroll/withholdings and billings.
- Prepared forecasts and budgets to service the needs of five major corporate clients.
- Responded to employee inquiries regarding federal, State, Social Security and Medicare Tax obligations.
-Key Catalyst in the re-engineering of work practices for the Northeast region to improve efficiencies, reduce costs and improve service levels.
Intermediate / Advanced Skill
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: