Enthusiastic, friendly and flexible Speech Language Pathologist motivated to make positive impact on students using extensive knowledge of speech and language issues. Provides highly effective, specialized, research based intervention in phonological, articulation, literacy and language based disorders.
• Provides individualized and small group therapy that targets oral retell, comprehension, critical thinking of fiction and non-fiction text using research based intervention such as Story Grammar Marker (Braidy the Story Braid), Expanding Expressive Toolkit, LIPS etc...
• Developed and implements visual note-taking method that engages both the visual and verbal parts of the brain and empowers students with executive function skills to become life-long thinkers, learners, and “do-ers”
• Implements the framework of research based program Social Thinking to teach clients to monitor their thoughts, emotions, and actions and adjust them accordingly to meet the expected demands of a given situation
• Provides speech language therapy focusing on remediation of speech sound errors, elimination and of phonological processes, improves oral motor strength and movement and increases fluency
• Provides social skill therapy that focuses on perspective taking, problem-solving, and self-regulation
• Assessment of expressive and receptive language disorders, speech delays, language processing and fluency disorders
• Communicates regularly with parents and caregivers about therapy progress and current performance
• Communicates with professionals outside of the therapy practice as needed (other therapists, teachers, developmental pediatricians, psychologists etc…) in development of treatment plan and therapy progress
• Collaborates weekly with other Speech Language Pathologists at the practice to discuss best practices and therapy progress with clients
• Accurately documents therapy progress, develops schedules and maintains detailed up to date client records and forms
• Assessed, screened, and evaluated students and effectively shared results with parents and educational staff, and participated in the eligibility determination process in accordance with state and school division requirements and best practice.
• Developed and implemented individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students with Speech/Language impairment and assists with IEPs for students with speech/language as a service on an annual basis or according to requirements
• Complied with all Medicaid requirements for school-based claiming, including obtaining written Medicaid consent from parents of all students served and timely filing of claims that meet Medicaid standards
• Demonstrated knowledge of child growth and development and individual student needs by providing relevant instruction according to the IEP and educational best practices
• Provided consultative services for school staff by sharing and demonstrating specific techniques and working with school teams to facilitate relevant and consistent interventions for targeted students
• Provided direct, inclusive and consultative therapeutic services related to expressive, receptive, and pragmatic language
• Communicated and collaborated with parents and the school community for the purpose of fostering individual student success and growth while engaging the families in the therapy program
• Established and maintained cooperative professional relationships with administrative and school staff
• Participated in various meetings for the purpose of addressing student goals and needs, and to meet laws and policies
• Maintained and submitted information/records including student progress for all students
ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competency
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: