Motivated Specialist bringing almost 8 years of experience and an ability to stay professional and calm under great deals of stress and responsibility. Fantastic written, oral, and presentation communication with certified leadership skills. Offering extensive knowledge of our medical records and file support team and a desire to streamline company processes and efficiency. Proven expertise in team leadership and for thriving in a fast-paced and always changing environments. Known for goal-oriented thinking and solutions-oriented problem solving. Dedicate to manage our customer needs in a forward-thinking and analytical manner
• Assistant to manager and back up for when she is out
• Conducted job interviews and rewarded fellow teammates to attract and retain top-quality personnel
• Draft and Submit production reports
• Chosen as escalation specialist for inquiries pertaining to specific claims
• Approving checks for the some of the medical records team
• Lincoln Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
• Leader First Modules 1-12
• LEAP Curriculum - Project
• Goal Setting for Managers
• Trained newly hired talent to fill key positions and to maximize productivity
• Developed and help implement performance improvement guidelines for both teams. Also offering additional materials to enhance training. This proactively identified and solved complex problems related to employee training and our department direction.
• Delivered in-depth, valuable training sessions to multiple employees both in-person and via WebEx or Teams.
• Developed and coordinated trainings to help individuals learn company policies, procedures, and job tasks.
• Explained goals and expectations required of trainees
• Consistently served as liaison between multiple copy services, collecting agencies, and medical facilities, developing professional relationships through quick problem resolutions to help track and cut costs through the elimination of duplicate records, inadequate information, and overpayments. Along with providing responses to any issues or questions.
• Reviewing technology used in workflow procedures by evaluating features and comparing to other technologies out here. With this was able to recommend and implement a program to allow our company to accept screenshots of our authorizations, documents, and forms.
• Observed systems functioning incorrectly and being able to diagnosis the issue along with troubleshooting and resolving the issues saving us time away from production
• Maintained strong knowledge of leadership and mentoring by participating in workshops, conferences, webinars, and educational classes both in room and online
Medical Records and File Support:
• Coordination with claims specialist and copy service companies to obtain pertinent records.
• Performance standards met or exceeded for: time service, quality, daily productive standards and department backlog/special issues
• HIPAA compliance and confidentiality observed
• Processed payments via check, credit card, and direct deposits
• Extracting of all claimant information allowing copies of records to the claimant and or their attorney
• Sorting of information and submitting to our external and internal vendors.
• Downloading of records from multiple copy services and medical facilities
• Email communication in scheduling and setting up of Internal Medical Examinations
• Prioritizes daily work to include independent problem solving and decision making without daily supervision.
• Medical interviewing for life insurance applications
• Responsible for reading and interpreting MIB (Medical Information Bureau) codes, assisting underwriters in possible errors or misrepresentations (initiated communication with underwriters if information was inconsistent with claimant information)
• Reviewing Milliman Intelliscript (prescription drug program)
• Obtain medical records from facilities for multiple insurance companies
• Interpret life insurance contracts, death certificates, and medical records
• Upload and scan medical records, invoices and other data
• Process transactions with company credit card and balance statements
• Work on problem files and cases, general filing, proactive e-mail communication with insurance companies on problem files
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: