Award-winning, Business-savvy, Customer-focused, Deadline-driven,Senior Software QA/Analyst Lead Tester/HP Quality Center admin/ MS Share Point admin with ISTQB certification and extensive experience over 20 years in all areas of Software Testing, Project Management and Leading Teams and proficient in manual and automation testing
Worked in Telecommunications, Cable, Finance and Insurance industries
Unique ability to adapt to change, striving for continuous process improvements for the team and implement new procedures quickly
Excellent customer interfacing and performed Unit Stress, String, System, Black box testing, Agile testing, White box testing, Verification, Smoke and Regression testing. Created test plans, test cases and carried out test executions. Performed installations, maintained and supported environments. Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication and Project Management skills
|Skills||Experience||Total Years||Last Used|
|ALM 12/11 Qualtiy Center(Admin)||Expert||5||2015|
Lead and tested major initiatives at Verizon such as
•Migration of the application from Visuall C++ to .Net
•Share Plan-Account Level Pricing
Major Process Improvements that improved Efficiencies
•Initiated, designed and implemented the QA testing status based on Projects reporting mechanism for each Release using Quality Center and Share Point and generated automatic daily Cognos reports few times a day
•Initiated, designed and implemented the QA testing status based on Sprints and also tracing the requirement for each case in the report as part of Agile Testing Status
•Initiated, designed and implemented the Performance testing status along with QA status for each project which projected the actual completion of the project
•Initiated, designed and implemented integration of tools such as Quality Center and JIRA which was presented to DevOPS and gave demos to other teams so they could implement
•Initiated, designed and implemented the virtual Information Radiators(Virtual Bug wall) for Scrum meetings since some team members were in other locations
Verizon Wireless, Warren, NJ 2013-Present
Senior QA Lead/ Release Coordinator for MCS(Mobile Content Solutions)/ALM Local Admin/Sharepoint Local Admin
•Manage ,coordinate and test various critical projects and various releases simultaneously across the QA organization
•Participate representing QA through the SDLC from alignment of projects to a release till all the projects in a release has been signed off and notify the software packages to be deployed in production
•Acting as liason between various ER teams mainly due to excellent knowledge about other cross apps such as ACSS, Vision, POS, My Verizon etc.
•Testing several cross app critical projects following the agile methodology and coordinating with the developer and tester to resolve issues
•Make assignments to the team based on the bandwidth of the testers and taking into consideration the LOE of the project
•Add and maintain projects in Quality Center ALM 11 and 12 for each release, add users, make enhancements to the workflow, update and monitor defects and act as a ALM QC admin for the entire MCS organization
•Add and maintain projects in Share point for each release, add users, make enhancements to the workflow and act as a Sharepoint admin for the entire MCS organization
•Run Release calls a few times a week to go over the status of the projects for 1 or more release using Agile methodologies
•Liason to other interfacing teams and provide status on the release
•Daily meetings with the interfacing teams to go over defects from end to end testing
•Send assignments for regression when main projects are tested and report the regression status
•Some of the accomplishments so far in the team
•Streamlined and built various processes to track and manage the releases and projects efficiently
•Designed and built ALM QC structure to be used by the entire MCS organization
•Designed and built Sharepoint structure to be used by the entire MCS organization, for each release and also for the MCS System test team, MCS Middleware team, MCS management
•Implemented a calendar in Sharepoint for MCS QA team, Requirements team and Management team where management gets notified when the members request for vacation
•Designed and implemented process improvement by including Performance Testing Status as part of ALM QC reporting and Cognos reporting
•Setup ALM QC 11 migration including excel Add in for the team and helped team upgrade
•Implemented an automatic Cognos report that is sent out to the management 3 times a day the status of 1 of more concurrent releases
•Run ad-hoc reporting for management
•Deisgned and worked with ERDT team to implement integration between QC and Jira
•Gave demo regarding ALM QC Jira integration to Devops team so other teams can implement as needed
•Develop and maintain the slides for various statistics for Ops review by management
Environment: Windows 10, Unix,Quick Test Professional 9.0, ALM Quality Center 11 and 12, Java, Oracle 11, Sharepoint, JIRA, HP UX 11
Verizon Wireless, Warren, NJ 2006-2013
Senior QA Lead Tester
Responsible for quality of ACSS (Automated Customer Support System)
• Tested and lead the team on various new projects of Acss which connects with Verizon Wireless customer accounts. ACSS serves as the integrated interface to other Verizon Wireless systems, including billing, activations, equipment ordering, and switches
• Assigned projects to the team appropriately for both Enterprise and Maintenance Releases
• Reviewed all the requirements, defined the scope and System Test estimates upfront
• Ensured tentative target dates for upcoming projects were relayed to appropriate System Testers
• Requested other interfacing systems prior to System Test milestone dates
• Updated status file, share point with all projects, links to other systems, etc
• Communicated to the team about creation of test cases, critical path functionalities, project delivery dates, UAT dates, reminder to update statuses, also communicated to upper management and other group leads of any outstanding issues/status in general
• Provided Team Leads: System Test status graphs, updates, critical issues or concerns
• Notified Quality Center Administrator the projects needed to be updated in system to open defects against. Allowed for tracking of project from end to end
• Based on metrics run gathered the non hit areas and assigned accordingly.
• Automated any Gui changes and lead the Automation team
• Made sure test cases for all projects were created on time and executed before UAT.
• When assigning made sure the size of project that testers tested in previous releases and accordingly assigned to allow enough time to prepare
• Performed parallel testing of the C++ version and the .Net conversion version of the application which included the functionalities and projects.
. As a liason to the Billing team used Mainframe TSO to create hierarchy of rules to support the flow of the project
• Performed testing using Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
• Performed front end testing of the interface and back end testing using SQL, checked the corresponding XMLs
• Performed thorough functional, regression testing, end to end testing with other interfacing teams
• Supported Release Night testing as Lead and Tester for various Enterprise Releases
• Automated test plans using QTP
• Cross trained peer System Testers, Developers from within Acss and across other interfacing teams
• Held/attended lead meetings with development, requirements on weekly basis, similarly held defect review meetings.
• Maintained project plans for QA, generated reports using Quality Center
• Created and maintained enterprise related sites in Share Point
Environment: Windows XP, .Net, Visual C++, Quick Test Professional 9.0, ALM 11 Quality Center, Java, Oracle 11, Sharepoint
Responsible for automating various projects across QA
• Automated around 50 test cases using QTP for major projects such as Voice over IP, Cable service, High Speed Internet with cable, based on use cases.
• Ran manual test cases prior to automating, for Client/Server, multi-tier Web applications, black box testing and complex SQL queries messaging for white box testing. Tested applications which are billing systems where a customer is provisioned with the requested services such as VOIP, digital cable, appropriate video equipments etc.
• Maintained project plans for QA, generated reports using Test Director.
Environment: Windows XP, Quick Test Professional 8.2, Test Director, Unix, Visual Basic, Java, Oracle 9i, MVS, Clear quest, MS Project
Responsible for quality of Transport Element Activation Manager Software.
• Installed, maintained and troubleshot test environment.
• Worked as a liaison between 2 teams, coordinating efforts for Inter-Product Testing.
• Performed new feature testing, blackbox, whitebox, verification and regression testing.
• Automated test plans using Silk Test created for multiple vendor network elements in parallel with testing effort. Also tested web-based gui using Silktest.
• Generated test plan from business requirements, which included traceablity matrix of the test cases along with mapped requirements. Held meetings for test plan inspections. Developed scripts for automation testing. Documented test results to be reviewed by test teams. Attended weekly meetings and provided test status. Worked with developers to ensure defects in system were corrected. Created modification requests (MRs) and assigned severity levels to them. Reviewed end-user and use-case document to ensure proper content according to software operations. Coordinated test activities for new features introduced in software. Developed a set of regression test cases. Gave demos/presentations to clients for the new features. Performed final regression test after final build. Was a major contributor during customer release notes revision sessions.
• Used VPN client/Citrix Server to access the applications remotely.
Environment: Windows NT/2000/XP, Silktest, Unix, Powerbuilder, Java, Oracle 9i, MVS, Adobe Framemaker, VPN, Citrix
Worked on projects such as TEAMS and MTS. TEAMS(Traffic Engineering and Management System) supports the ATM(Asynchronous Transfer Mode) network based on Cascade CBX500 switches. Teams produced backbone reports for internal customers on a weekly and monthly basis. MTS (Master Topology Server) provided current source of topology information for AT&T Operation Support Systems that support AT&T ATM Service.
• Created and reviewed the system and regression test plans for both Teams and MTS
• Executed the test cases, testing the reports like switch, trunk and network
• Constantly monitored hourly files for topology information and traffic measurements
• Tested backend and a gui based frontend
• Automated test plans using WinRunner and TestDirector
Environment: Solaris 2.5.1,Unix,Informix 7.24, WinRunner, TestDirector
Worked on a project called GPL(Group Personal Lines Insurance). GPL involved offering personal insurance policies for Homeowners and Automobile to a group of employees in any company. Involved in analyzing and mapping the data in accordance with the ISO(Insurance Services Offices). Files contained information for the check disbursements for claims and premium refunds.
• Analyzed and mapped the data (backend)
• Created test plans, test conditions and test script
Environment: Windows 98, Oracle
Involved in an Y2K project for a brokerage and investment banking application.
Environment: Windows 98, MS Excel, Visual Studio
Worked on DTM(Data Transport Manager) system used to transfer ledger files. DTM is a system designed to facilitate the General Ledger (G/L) feeder processes as Business Units migrate from current G/Ls to distributed Business Unit Ledgers.
• Created test schedule from start, test plans, use cases, test conditions and test script
• Executed system test, approved node test
• Automated front end testing using SQA Robot and back end testing using Unix Shell scripts
• Also held regular meetings on updates and schedules
• Involved in Y2K: analyzed both front and backend for dates, created matrices with the screen (front end) and function names (backend) and date references, created test schedule, plans, test conditions and test scripts
Environment: Unix, MVS, Sybase, Windows 95, SQA Robot
Worked on RESTM (Residential Telemarketing) system which is a very large multi-platform system. The orders are taken across all of the USA, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The system operated in on-line and in batch mode. On-line system is being used by AT&T representatives to take orders. The orders are also taken by a large number of authorized vendors, those orders come to the system through batch mode.
• Features included: Huge volume of data, very quick turn around time for modification and changes, lots of downstream feeds with a very rigid time commitments, complicated and strict business rules such as Third Party verification.
• Performed the analysis, coding and debugging. Created stored procedures, functions, triggers and views to implement business rules and maintain data integrity. Designed a menu based user interface for navigation to update the database. Used Developer/2000 to design reports for use at various levels.
• Carried out QA Analysis and Testing, which included Unit testing, Regression Testing and Backend Testing. Entered and tracked trouble tickets until each problem was resolved. Created and maintained test data and test environment. Checked the walkthroughs.
• Carried out Production Support which meant carrying beeper on a rotation to support the 24 hour production.
Environment: Windows NT, UNIX, WinRunner, Oracle 7.3, Developer 2000, VAX-VMS, C, Script, Powerbuilder, Report Writer, Lotus Notes
Worked on Windows based application called 'S&N' which runs on OS/2 environment using cleavers and TCP/IP connection to the host. The main responsibility was to test the various builds for the default flow status of the application and the OLP (On-Line Provisioning) status of the application. Default flows were used to establish: New Service, Disconnect Service, Move, Suspend/Restore Service.
• Analyzed and understood system requirements and planned the test based on those requirements. Was responsible for the approval of plans by the clients and users and created the test cases based on those.
• Created test data and test environment and scheduled the test executions.
• Executed the test carried out error reporting and tracking. Controlled the production environment by allowing only the tested modules to be copied down.
Environment: Windows 3.11, OS/2, Lotus Notes
Worked on Access Ability which ran on OS/2 as client and AS/400 as server.
• The Analyst prepared the system requirements
• QA group and Developers received a copy of the requirements
• Test plans and test cases were developed based on the requirements
• The test plan included details of the following:
1. Unit testing (a single module functionality) plans
2. String testing (few relevant functionality) plans
3. Stress testing (Negative testing) plan
4. System testing (in totality) plans
5. SQL Scripts to test the backend database.
Each of the test scenarios were documented with expected results and the severity level in case of failure e.g.severity level '1' = fatal error, '2' = Conditon and '3' = minor
The test execution schedules were prepared along with the sequence of operation
Enviroment:OS/2 as client and AS/400 as server.
English, Tamil, Hindi
.Net, Adobe Acrobat Reader, ad, Agile, Analyst, AS/400, ATM, Automation, Billing, billing systems, C, C++, Cable, Citrix, Client/Server, Cognos, content, conversion, client, clients, Customer Support, Databases, database, DCL, debugging, delivery, downstream, Engineer, English, XML, Features, Adobe Framemaker, functional, General Ledger, Gui, graphs, HP, HP-UX, HP UX, HP 9000, IBM, IBM Compatible PC's, MVS, Informix, Informix 7.24, Insurance, investment banking, ISO, Java, Team Lead, ledger, notes, Lotus Notes, Mainframe, meetings, messaging, Access, MS Excel, excel, Outlook, Power point, MS Project, Sharepoint, Share Point, Windows 7, Windows, 2000, Windows 3.11, Windows 95,, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows XP, MS Word, Middleware, Migration, MTS, Enterprise, Navigator, navigation, network, Operating Systems, Oracle 9, Developer 2000, Oracle 7.3, Oracle, developer, Developer/2000, PL/SQL, OS/2, Paradox, Pascal, policies, POS, Powerbuilder, Power builder, presentations, Pricing, processes, process improvement, Product Testing, coding, Programmer, Project Management, project plans, Proliant, Quick Test Professional 8.2, Quick Test Professional 9.0, QTP, Quality, QA, quest, quick, Report Writer, reporting, requirement, Scrum, SDLC, Scripts, Script, Silk, Solaris, Solaris 2.5.1, SQL, statistics, Sun, switches, switch, Sybase, TCP/IP, Telemarketing, Test Director, TestDirector, TSO, UNIX, Unix Shell Scripts, upgrade, user interface, Vax/VMS, VAX, VAX-VMS, video, VPN, Vision, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual Studio, Voice over IP, VOIP, Web applications, WinRunner, workflow, Y2K
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: