PYP teacher focused on implementing highly effective instructional practices to improve student learning and academic performance. These practices include inquiry skills to develop international mindedness.
* Created and revised a new PYP unit of inquiry with grade level team members, PYP coordinator, and administration.
* Creates an environment that modeled IB Learner Profile and IB Attitudes and inquiry based instruction.
* Uses a wide range of instructional approaches to differentiate instruction in order to maximize student learning.
* Designs and distributes weekly parent newsletters and holds parent conferences
* Provides an environment for students to grow academically, emotionally and socially
* Regularly communicates with the principal, staff and parents regarding academic information of each student such as test scores, reading counts, DRAs and MAP scores
* Encouraged problem solving with children in grades two through six by presenting them with real world challenges by leading Camp Invention summer enrichment program.
* Presents STEM challenges to third and fourth grade children through an engineering enrichment class.
Creative Lesson Planning
PYP Curriculum Development
Instructional Best Practices
Classroom Management & Discipline
Special Needs Students / IEP
New Teacher Orientation in the PYP August 2007
PYP Inquiry Workshop Baltimore Maryland (2008)
Teacher training in written curriculum, learner profile, and inquiry CDS 2009, 2015
FETC Orlando 2013
Participated in book studies Understanding by Design (2007) and Ways to Learn Through Inquiry (2008)
Job Titles Held: